Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

some friends will come together to play the game for the first time. They are all new to the game but know the first edition really well and are serious gamers in general.

So I don't want to go with 'First Blood'. I personally played 'Fat Goblin' several times so this scenario is also not my first choice.

In summary I'm searching for a scenario which gives my buddies a good feel how this game works/flows. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually recommend Death on the Wing as a primer for new players who don't want to play First Blood. Just make sure they have a character with high Might (minimum 4) or they might not have a good time with the first encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've not played many missions multi-player but had a few to give opinion

ive played more solo to get a "sense" of the game so my next multiplayer will be "better"

after solo playing a mini 5 mission campaign i can say when i next introduce newbies will use a start quest of a mini campaign as the way to introduce the game they start with 4 xp! and 100 gold per player

so to start a normal gameafter this they will at 1st maybe lack some power but then known what can be achieved

i feel the 1st game with out power seem the overlord as too power full and my dissuade players to continue, but on playing a 1 off with some powers they might be inclined to try and then achieve that state.. and accept a few losses...

its an opinion and other people my differ

but for me use epic play at least for a 1 of game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.