Edward Pugsley
msg tools
Tonight we encountered the villain almost immediately in our game. We defeated him and with several other locations still open he escaped. My son brought up a good question that I am not sure I have seen answered. Since he escapes into a location that already has a henchman in it - what happens if we encounter that henchman, defeat him, close the location, then discover that the villain is in that location deck?
My assumption is that he is shuffled into the remaining decks as if he were encountered / escaped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please take an extra look at the rules concerning Closing a Location in the rulebook.

Rules wrote:
If you succeed at meeting the When Closing
requirement, search through the location deck, take out the villain
if it is there, and banish the rest of the cards. If you find the villain,
it becomes the entirety of the location deck, and the location is
not closed
—but at least you know where the villain is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
This is answered in the rule book; page 13 "Closing A Location"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Chambliss
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or what happens when you summon henchmen due to a barrier like the ancient skeleton barrier? can you close all locations you are at after the defeat? this was the 1st card turned over in a game i saw played...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatchet Jack wrote:
or what happens when you summon henchmen due to a barrier like the ancient skeleton barrier? can you close all locations you are at after the defeat? this was the 1st card turned over in a game i saw played...

The rules are again very clear on this point. Summoned henchmen do NOT allow you to close a location (simply because the card din't come from a location)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatchet Jack wrote:

Please take an extra look at the rules concerning Summoning and Adding cards in the rulebook.

Rules wrote:
If the summoned card is a villain or
henchman, defeating it does not allow you to close a location or win
the scenario
—ignore any such text on those cards.

Gawain wrote:
Hatchet Jack wrote:
[...]

The rules are again very clear on this point. Summoned henchmen do NOT allow you to close a location (simply because the card din't come from a location)

You're only partially correct. You can't because the rules actually say you can't, specifically. I think you're getting confused with the various effects that say to put certain cards back onto the location, like some of the spells, etc. There were plenty of forum posts concerning such effects, and your response mostly fits those posts and what were discussed in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.