Subject: What counts as knocking down a monster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If a monster is anything but upright (e.g., leaning on building or other monster) is he considered knocked down for the purposes of collecting a tooth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
if the monster is anything but upright, i am calling it down

example of down to me:
leaning against a building, was falling then got wedge between two monsters, lying on a van

if the monster flipped and landed back on its feet, i'm giving that monster a pass for his acrobatic ability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jion wrote:
if the monster is anything but upright, i am calling it down

example of down to me:
leaning against a building, was falling then got wedge between two monsters, lying on a van

if the monster flipped and landed back on its feet, i'm giving that monster a pass for his acrobatic ability
Yes I thought the same thing of you really can't make room for exceptions and it's easier to have a bright-line rule (even though I don't think the manual spells it out totally clearly either way when a monster is "down" in such cases).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a monster is leaning on something it's downed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What if it's leaning but still completely on its paws?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
What if it's leaning but still completely on its paws?

IMO, if moving anything other than his paws would cause him to shift, he's down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Ghost
United States
San Diego
San Diego
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if a monster is knocked down (horizontal orientation), but a significant portion of its body remains on its paws? (both flat and tilted scenarios?)

I say it's NOT down since it's technically still on its feet (I consider it dodging Matrix style cool).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dagon -
United States
milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KipGhost wrote:

I say it's NOT down since it's technically still on its feet (I consider it dodging Matrix style cool).

The game goes out of its way to declare that an upright monster that has been knocked off of its paws is still upright and no tooth can be claimed. I've inferred from that rule that being on your paws has no bearing on whether or not you are considered upright. I would also rule that leaning on something isn't upright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.