Suburbia» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Parts, who to contact? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello.

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I recently bought Suburbia after reading all the good things about it around here but sadly after receiving it and checking the content the black woods (reputation cube, population cube and income cylinder) are missing from my set. This is my first instance of having a missing part in a board game and so I have no idea what to do. I emailed Bezier directly to enquire about it (orders@beziergames.com) a few days ago but haven't had any response. Does anyone know what my options would be? I'd even go as far as to order replacements if anyone knows anyone in the UK that sells just the woods.

Best regards,
Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya. In the UK I believe legally we have a right to go to the retailer in the first instance. However, in my experience boardgame companies have been fab at rectifying things themselves.
I would give your email a chance to work. With the holidays and the fact these companies are usually just managed by one or two people, I think a delay is inevitable.
Worst case scenario you could try messaging Ted Alspach on here. Check game page for user link.
Best wishes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
vreetech wrote:
Hello.

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I recently bought Suburbia after reading all the good things about it around here but sadly after receiving it and checking the content the black woods (reputation cube, population cube and income cylinder) are missing from my set. This is my first instance of having a missing part in a board game and so I have no idea what to do. I emailed Bezier directly to enquire about it (orders@beziergames.com) a few days ago but haven't had any response. Does anyone know what my options would be? I'd even go as far as to order replacements if anyone knows anyone in the UK that sells just the woods.

Best regards,
Andrew

Check your spam filter. The pieces are on the way to you, and I'm pretty sure a response was sent out right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mrwendal wrote:
Hiya. In the UK I believe legally we have a right to go to the retailer in the first instance. However, in my experience boardgame companies have been fab at rectifying things themselves.
I would give your email a chance to work. With the holidays and the fact these companies are usually just managed by one or two people, I think a delay is inevitable.
Worst case scenario you could try messaging Ted Alspach on here. Check game page for user link.
Best wishes

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Ill give it more time to see if I get a response, the amount of threads praising them is crazy so I don't think ill be let down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
toulouse wrote:
vreetech wrote:
Hello.

Best regards,
Andrew

Check your spam filter. The pieces are on the way to you, and I'm pretty sure a response was sent out right away.

Hi Ted

Wow! Thanks very much for the response. I checked my spam, junk folders etc but afraid have nothing. I didn't give my address in the original email as I never assumed that you would be so kind as to send them right away. Do you want me to private message you with the details?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Parrott
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vreetech wrote:
toulouse wrote:

I checked my spam, junk folders etc but afraid have nothing. I didn't give my address in the original email as I never assumed that you would be so kind as to send them right away.

So, given they didn't have the address is it safe to assume that they're not on the way?

On the one hand you have Queen that seem to ignore most emails, and Bezier sending stuff to addresses they don't have...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
david_parrott wrote:

So, given they didn't have the address is it safe to assume that they're not on the way?

I'm guessing not...

There is an update however. Ted has contacted me and I've sent my details over. Hopefully it will be sorted now, just a few crossed wires I presume. I will keep the thread up to date for posterity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I had heard there was someone in the UK with missing wood pieces and that they were sent out. Either they were someone else or it was you. Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
toulouse wrote:
Yeah, I had heard there was someone in the UK with missing wood pieces and that they were sent out. Either they were someone else or it was you. Weird.

No worries, I've sent you the email anyway. At least hopefully now its sorted. Thanks for the fast reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Textor
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezier is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Update:

Just wanted to update the thread to say that I have received the parts today and everything is sorted. I'd like to thank people for their help and Ted at Bezier for sorting it all out. Very fast postage, only a few days from UK to my doorstep in UK.

Much appreciated and thanks once again,
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.