Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules states (portal edition):
"Everything that players need to take a particular Action
(resources, build Items, minimum Weapon level, etc.),
they should already have at the moment of planning the
Actions."

Also the carpenter skill 'Economical construction' sound like it may be used during the action.

Now the question is, Can I plan to take an action that requires wood when I have no wood or I'm missing one wood resource, with the carpenter if he has the two determination tokens required to activate the economical construction skill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Add-on:

However, Determination tokens GAINED through a Threat Action during the Action round CANNOT be featured in such plans. You can use them to save a wood that you originally assigned to an action during the round.

THIS is not possible:
"Well, I will get 2 Determination due to the Threat Action there. I will use them for building 1 Level of Weapons. So now I can assign my pawn to building Weapons without wood, since I will get those Det tokens."

THIS is possible:
"Well, I will get 2 Determination due to the Threat Action there. I will use them for building 1 Level of Weapons. So now I can assign my pawn to building Weapons. However, I will need to assign 1 wood, too. But I can save it later, since I will get those Det tokens."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Add-on:

However, Determination tokens GAINED through a Threat Action during the Action round CANNOT be featured in such plans. You can use them to save a wood that you originally assigned to an action during the round.

THIS is not possible:
"Well, I will get 2 Determination due to the Threat Action there. I will use them for building 1 Level of Weapons. So now I can assign my pawn to building Weapons without wood, since I will get those Det tokens."

THIS is possible:
"Well, I will get 2 Determination due to the Threat Action there. I will use them for building 1 Level of Weapons. So now I can assign my pawn to building Weapons. However, I will need to assign 1 wood, too. But I can save it later, since I will get those Det tokens."

sidetrack..

whilst you cannot plan actions using determination tokens that you do not yet have, we found ourselves planning the cook getting determination tokens from event cards so that we could ignore weather later on, or making stone soup when we need to eat etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely true.
You CAN of course plan with things you get, just not in a way that things you DO NOT YET have are PREREQUISITE of the actions you take during the ACTION PHASE...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Karlqvist
msg tools
One question came to my mind. If you are one wood short at the weather phase,can you use the 'Economical construction' skill for the one wood missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
ronniek wrote:
One question came to my mind. If you are one wood short at the weather phase,can you use the 'Economical construction' skill for the one wood missing?

No, that can only be used during actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wmunny imanol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
And, can you use 4 determination tokens if you need 2 pieces of wood at the same action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmunny wrote:
And, can you use 4 determination tokens if you need 2 pieces of wood at the same action?
any character’s ability can be used only once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.