Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Sergeants Miniatures Game: Red Devils» Forums » General

Subject: British Infiltration Tactics Module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking through my cards for this module this morning and found one that was odd and wondered if anyone had one like it or if it is a mistake card. I'm thinking it's a mistake, as there is no timing to play listed on the top left like usual. For now, I guess I will play it as an Any command card, but want to know for sure what the deal is with it.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have a card like that in my set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking again at it, perhaps since it has a -3VP cost, it may be a REACT or PREEMPT card? I'll try REACT, there are no restrictions for PREEMPT.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the exact same card...haven't tried using this add on yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to give this module a go to see how it works and ask questions and work some kinks out before I ever try to teach anyone.

Interesting that you have the same card Jim. Weird that there is no reference in WTF you do to play it though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I wanted to give this module a go to see how it works and ask questions and work some kinks out before I ever try to teach anyone.

Interesting that you have the same card Jim. Weird that there is no reference in WTF you do to play it though.

Greg, it's not "weird"...I'd say it's "typical"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Hahma wrote:
I wanted to give this module a go to see how it works and ask questions and work some kinks out before I ever try to teach anyone.

Interesting that you have the same card Jim. Weird that there is no reference in WTF you do to play it though.

Greg, it's not "weird"...I'd say it's "typical"


True enough Jim. It would be weird if we actually knew how to use that card "officially"

But, for now I'll go REACT
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a "React" card. If I remember correctly all the cards in a specific Tactics module will be the same. So anyone who has this module, will have this card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
Definitely a "React" card. If I remember correctly all the cards in a specific Tactics module will be the same. So anyone who has this module, will have this card.


Well Chris, I agree that it seems like a REACT card. I just had wondered why it didn't have REACT at the top like other REACT cards do.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schreiber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have not got this module, but it reads most like a 'SHOOT' pre-empt. That's my best guess.
I have a similar card in my German Light Infantry module which reads:

PREEMPT:

Mandatory box: Opposing player plays a Shoot card.

Bubble: 1 enemy soldier may shoot, 3 soldiers may Move and Shoot.

-3 VP
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schreiber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
... I mean, play it as a REACT if you like, because I really don't know, but since it says that 1 enemy soldier may shoot it appears like my pre-empt cards. I don't think I've ever seen a REACT that let's the enemy do something else again. I could be very wrong though!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a REACT card and all KS CWP Infiltration sets have the misprint. We will update this and send it in the mailer. With printing it will be mid January before we can send them. Thanks for the catch.

Over a thousand cards reviewed. We were a bit "Snow Blind" toward the end. This was proofed by 3 people and we all missed the missing timing banner.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good observation Karl, thanks!

I agree that after looking at the other cards in this module and the few from Schlesinger, Fisher and Maier, the REACT cards don't give the enemy an action.

The thing that I noticed that was different from this card if it is indeed a PREEMPT card, is that the other PREEMPT cards have the enemy take their action first and then your soldiers get to do their thing. This one has your soldiers doing something first and the enemy second.

Perhaps that's just a different order of who takes their actions on a PREEMPT card, but all I had to go by was the other PREEMPT cards I have. Maybe other people have PREEMPT cards where your soldiers take their action first.

It does seem that this could be a PREEMPT card with the "Shoot played by opponent" restriction.


Edit: ninja 'd by Jeff
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Billings wrote:
It is a REACT card and all KS CWP Infiltration sets have the misprint. We will update this and send it in the mailer. With printing it will be mid January before we can send them. Thanks for the catch.

Over a thousand cards reviewed. We were a bit "Snow Blind" toward the end. This was proofed by 3 people and we all missed the missing timing banner.


Thanks for letting us know Jeff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schreiber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fair enough I'm sure you could put a little sticker on it or something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.