Subject: AGoT 2ed PBF #146 The God of Tits and Wine *New House Cards* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrion's favorite God!

This PBF will be standard 2ed, except with new house cards.
The house cards were made by for which we are very thankful.

Check out his thread here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1094328/house-card-variants-...

I have placed those house cards in a map, here: http://tinyurl.com/wxnM4mqSmfiyhkVKaKFw

Now for the rules:

These rules are expertly copy-pasted from SeptembreAnge's PBF 117.

The following rules are generally stolen from
Jayson C
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and his #42 and reworked a bit. Big thanks for him.

This is going to be a 6-player game with no Ravens. There will be no Tides of Battle cards. House rules are shown in Appendix II.

GUIDELINES

I. The Basics
1. Normal text for discussions.
2. Politics and Roleplaying are highly encouraged. ITALICIZE all of them.
3. Bold for in-game moves and actions.
4. If possible, don't edit game related stuff (actions, politics), but if you must, highlight that you edited that particular text by leaving the old text striked through. This is to clear up confusion. Someone may read your original post only once, then when you change it, he may not notice what's wrong later.
5. To make things easier, we will address each other by our House names. You may address me as moderator or just as mod.
6. All players will use banners when posting. Place them at the beginning of every post. To make them appear, type in [imageid=XXXXXXXmedium] where XXXXXXX are the following numbers:
--- 1152906 - Stark

--- 1152903 - Greyjoy

--- 1152904 - Lannister

--- 1152902 - Baratheon

--- 1152907 - Tyrell

--- 1152905 - Martell

And i will use this banner for moderatorial text:

For this banners we should give credits for
Pavel Kornilov
Russia
Syktyvkar
flag msg tools
badge
mb

II. What We Play
1. We'll be using the 2nd edition rules and board.
2. We will use the map from this thread created by
xaiviax X
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

3. Tides of Battle will not be used.
4. Ravens to other players (PMs) are NOT allowed, thus forcing ALL sort of communication to be posted publicly in the thread. Do not use in your diplomacy anything which is out of the game - you shouldn't exchange Iron Track position for geekgold or a glass of beer. Lying is allowed so lie as much as you want!
5. Westeros Cards will be rolled right here. Wildings Cards will be rolled here when it is possible, otherwise they will be randomed by me in OpenOffice Calc.
6. Houses will be distributed randomly.
7. References:
--- http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/agot-bg-2nd-ed...]2nd Edition Rulebook (PDF)
--- http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3054]Official FAQ
--- Official Responses from FFG
Westeros and Wildings Cards info you may see in Appendix II.

III. How We Play
1. Let us all work together and make this game move at a fast pace. Please, check in at least once a day.. I'll try to be a good example for you and update our map daily if needed. I can remove player from the game for breaking this rule too often.
2. If you cannot post in time, you should notify us here or geekmail me. Then there will be no penalty for you.
3. Geekmail me your orders, bids, and house cards. All Geekmails should have a subject as prescribed below. Also, be sure to send an order to ALL your territories WITH units. Don't forget to put a * next to your star orders.
--- Orders:
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - Orders
--- Bid:
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [IT/F/KC/W] Bid: [Bid Amount]
--- House Card:
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round [Round #] - [House Name] - [Card Name]
--- Examples:
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round 1 - Stark - Orders
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round 2 - Stark - IT Bid: 5
------ AGoT PBF #117 - Round 2 - Stark - Roose Bolton
4. After sending me your orders/bid via geekmail, go to the thread and post that you have done so. This will do a lot to help the game keep moving along.
5. During Combat Phase, we will use the following steps:
--- a. The attacker calculates and posts both his and the defender's combat strength. This includes BOTH their initial strength (combat strength of participating units), order modifier (+2, +1, +0, or -1), and initial support.
--- b. Both attacker and defender then asks for support from other houses. Those who wish to support any side should declare it by posting a message in the thread. If support has been declared, the supporter recomputes and posts both parties' modified combat strength.
--- c. The attacker Geekmails me his chosen house card and informs everyone by posting that he has already sent his house card to the mod.
--- d. The defender Geekmails me his chosen house card AND posts it in the thread.
--- e. The attacker reveals his house card by posting it in the thread.
--- f. The attacker or defender may now decide if he will use his Valyrian Steel Blade token.
--- g. Anyone may now recompute and post the final combat strength of both parties. Combat resolution follows.
--- Notes:
------ Steps (b & f) are optional and may be skipped.
------ In the interest of speeding things up, the attacker may skip Step b and proceed with Step c. In this case, support from other houses can still be declared as long as the defender has not yet geekmailed me his house card (Step d). All support declared after step d will no longer count.
------ In Step g, anyone may resolve the combat without waiting for the mod.
------ Calculation example for copy and paste, modify it according to the current battle:

[Attacker]
Initial Strength = 3 (1 KN, 1 FM)
Order = -1
Support = 0
Card = Send to mod
Total = 2++

[Defender]
Initial Strength = 1 (1 FM)
Order = +1
Support = 1 (1 SH)
Card = ??
Total = 3++

6. Feel free to take your next action if you feel it won't affect what's currently going on. Alternatively, you can send me the action via Geekmail and I'll process it at the appropriate time. Conditional orders are very much welcome.
7. On changing your mind, I will accept updates/changes to orders/battles/bids until I have an order/bid from each person. If the last person I was waiting for already submitted their order, then no orders can be changed.
An action posted into the thread (including OOT action) (march, raid etc.) can be changed until there are no legal action which follows this both in the thread and in game sequence. That means you cannot rely on OOT orders posted in the thread until the proper time.
Please, do not use OOT if it can affect next player decision. Support can never be declared OOT, only by PM to the Mod.

8. We will use the official 2nd edition rulebook for all rules, except overrided by our house rules. If a question is not answered in the rulebook, we will use Official Responses from FFG. If that still doesn't answer the question, I will make the call.
9. If you see something wrong--either that I did incorrectly or another player--let us know right away! I will do my best to correct any mistakes as fairly as possible.

Let's have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, stolen from Septembre Ange.

Appendix I - Cards info

Stolen from AGoT 2ed PBF #36 and edited.

House Cards

How cards are very well represented in the map

Westeros Cards

Westeros Deck I
3 x Supply (adjust supply)
3 x Mustering (muster units)
2 x Thrones of Blades* (Iron Throne holder chooses Mustering or Supply or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)
* = Wildlings increase in power

Westeros Deck II
3 x Clash of Kings (bid power tokens on influence tracks)
3 x Game of Thrones (gain power tokens)
2 x Dark Wings, Dark Words* (Messenger Raven holder chooses COK or GOT or none)
1 x Last Days of Summer* (nothing happens)
1 x Winter is Coming (reshuffle)

Westeros Deck III
3 x Wilding Attack (bid power tokens to fend off Wildling Attack)
1 x Sea of Storms* (no raid orders)
1 x Rains of Autumn* (no +1 march orders)
1 x Feast for Crows* (no consolidate power orders)
1 x Web of Lies* (no support orders)
1 x Storm of Swords* (no defence orders)
2 x Put to the Sword (Valyrian Steel holder chooses ROA or StOSw or none)

Wildings Cards
[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appendix II - House Rules

Wrong order placement

I always check your orders, so I hope, this situation will never occur, but if it happens, i'd rather do so:

1) if a player has more special orders on the map, than (s)he should, extra orders are downgraded (if possible) according to area alphabetical order.

2) extra orders left on the map after step 1) are removed in alphabetical way

3) if after step 2 or by players mistake there are areas without orders, those areas are filled with order in alphavetical orders.
First are placed defence orders, then raids, then support, then march and then CP.

Those rules, as I feel, are ideal to prevent abusing extra special orders by players (not by mod, though). Every wrong order set has strictly one way to be reworked into the correct order set.

Adding order in empty areas I need to prevent abusing again - correct order set must contain orders for all avaible areas. For example, player may try to avoid laying CP order in raidable area or somthing like that.

DWDW: AGoT option

Official responces

Quote:

When collecting Power tokens for point b) of Dark Wings, Dark Words card should we collect tokens for ports with ships just as for Game of Thrones card?

"There are no power icons present on ports. As such, players should not collect power tokens from controlled ports when resolving option B) on the Dark Wings, Dark Words Westeros card."

The logic is that:

- On DWDW card we have nothing written about ports, only about crowns

- In rulebook, p. 25 in "Trade with free cities" we have nothing about DWDW card, only about AGoT.

More people including me dislike this rule, so it will be changed in our game. We gain power tokens from trade with free cities on DWDW gain power option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appendix III- Invites

Because this is a variant game, with a big difference than normal, and we are testing something that might not work, this will be a sign-up game.

First 6 people to sign up get to play.

I am only inviting one person, and that is the creator of these cards, because without his cards, there would be no game.

Players:
1- IgnavustheSlacker
2- Charemski
3- Gekkepop
4- Commander Keen
5- Th30r1st
6- Kinky Velvet Claw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm signing in then

Will discuss and give my opinion about cards (positive!) later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom van Egdom
Netherlands
Limburg
flag msg tools
Sure I'll play! The cards seem really interesting, though some of them may be a bit too strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjartan Nickelsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
sign me up, looks like an interesting variant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heeeey! I'm excited to try these out. I fully admit some may be too powerful. Will - I actually just posted a mod that depowers Tyrell a bit. Sorry to have missed you, didn't know you were doing this.

You might look at it and decide if you want to update the set we'll be using for this.

Either way, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IgnavustheSlacker wrote:
Heeeey! I'm excited to try these out. I fully admit some may be too powerful. Will - I actually just posted a mod that depowers Tyrell a bit. Sorry to have missed you, didn't know you were doing this.

You might look at it and decide if you want to update the set we'll be using for this.

Either way, I'm in.

Updated Map: http://tinyurl.com/LpGfSaqCIldwpBcJ8kv1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon ForgotWhatItWas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As we are not doing it in 139, I would love to try it out as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
flag msg tools
I'll take the final spot, if I may. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angryelf97 wrote:

Players:
A- IgnavustheSlacker
B- Charemski
C- Gekkepop
D- Commander Keen
E- Th30r1st
F- Kinky Velvet Claw

Rolling for houses:

1- Stark
2- Baratheon
3- Greyjoy
4- Lannister
5- Tyrell
6- Martell

A-IgnavustheSlacker
1d6 = (6) = 6 Martell

B- Charemski
d5 = (2) = 2 Baratheon

C- Gekkepop
1d4 = (1) = 1 Stark

D- Commander Keen
d3 = (1) = 1 Greyjoy

E- Th30r1st
d2 = (2) = 2 Tyrell

F- Kinky Velvet Claw
Lannister

You now have 48 hours to trade houses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 481736. angryelf97
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • Sat Jan 4, 2014 1:47 am
  • [+]
  • 481738. angryelf97
  • d5 =
  • (2) =
  • Sat Jan 4, 2014 1:48 am
  • [+]
  • 481739. angryelf97
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • [+]
  • 481740. angryelf97
  • d3 =
  • (1) =
  • [+]
  • 481741. angryelf97
  • d2 =
  • (2) =
  • Sat Jan 4, 2014 1:49 am
Tom van Egdom
Netherlands
Limburg
flag msg tools

I am quite happy with House Stark, so no trading for me.

Lords of Westeros,

The recent death of my father Lord Eddard has caused the North to grow weary of Southern politics. It was Aegon the Conqueror who we bent the knee to all those years ago, and since his descendants no longer hold the Iron Throne we feel we no longer owe any fealty to the one sitting on it. Therefore we mean to establish an independent kingdom in the North as it was in the days of old. These are turbulent times we live in, and we believe it may yet come to war despite our best efforts, but know that we Northmen desire only peace and can be a loyal ally to those who respect our independence.

Your truly,
Robb Stark,
King in the North

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon ForgotWhatItWas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am happy with Tyrell also. But I think all the houses are interesting with the new cards.

High Lords of Westeros,

I am happy to announce the wedding of my Sister, Margery Tyrell to the rightful King of Westeros, my brother, Renly Baratheon.

The house Tyrell shall aid in taking what is his by right. Those who stand beside us shall prosper in this new Era.
All hail King Renly I!

Loras Tyrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

I've never played Martell, but I'm interested to try it out. Also, if I'm going to play with you guys, I'd like to know you a bit. I'm JJ - a sixth grade English teacher in Rhode Island. Getting married this summer. Really like board games and used to love video games, but have less and less time nowadays (though I still eagerly await anything by Bioware). Read all the time. Filthy liberal.

Alright: RPing - ENGAGE.

The House Martell remains eerily, imperiously silent.

There are no ravens from Dorne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon ForgotWhatItWas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IgnavustheSlacker wrote:

I've never played Martell, but I'm interested to try it out. Also, if I'm going to play with you guys, I'd like to know you a bit. [/i]

I'm a math student in Berlin. Currently writing my Bachelor-Thesis (don't know if you would call it that in English) so I'll be checking in a lot to distract me from my work .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom van Egdom
Netherlands
Limburg
flag msg tools

I'm a law student from the Netherlands, just finished my master thesis so I'm graduating in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a biology student in Canada, so I too will be checking in to distract me from my studies.

In a serious note, I usually can't check in during work hours (local time of course) but still I check twice a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Cool! It's rad that this is such a global game. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear - I'm from Rhode Island, which is a state in the northern part of the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Charem
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm happy with Baratheon and its new house cards, which are, in my opinion, even closer to the book but little less powerfull. Only Melisandre is up. I regret the most to lose Saaladhor Saan ability from basic house cards

I'm risk analyst in bank in Poland, Wroclaw. Happy to meet you, guys. Enjoy the game!

Orders are in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom van Egdom
Netherlands
Limburg
flag msg tools

I actually think most of us will know Rhode Island from Family Guy

Anyway the Stark orders are in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thisisnotmylastname
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be a very interesting game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wallace
United States
flag msg tools

Hi, all. I'm out of school, working as a merchandising manager for a department store down in Florida (USA, in case that needs any explanation ). I've been playing board games all my life, pretty much, so it's a long-running hobby for me.
Good luck to everyone, and may the best schemer win!

Ser Loras Tyrell,
I understand your zeal in proclaiming your new brother-in-law king, but I remind you that nothing of Lord Renly's heritage nor any law in our kingdoms suggest that he is the
rightful king, not while my grandchildren and -- secondarily -- your older brother Stannis still lay claim to the Iron Throne.
That having been said, my House has enough unpleasant business to attend to without being drawn into a bloody war with the Reach. So I would like to extend an olive branch as it were, and offer a peace between our houses. I'm sure you can see the benefits to such a pact without needing me naming them.
Sincerely,
Lord Tywin Lannister, Hand of King Joffrey I

Lord Balon Greyjoy,
You and I are both old enough to remember vividly your last rebellion and the great loses it incurred on each of our houses. So I wish to avoid another such waste by proposing a truce between Pyke and Casterly Rock: let your reavers set their sails for Seaguard, Flint's Finger, or any castle northward, but leave Lannisport and Riverrun to me. Thereby we can both profit in peace.
I await your wise reply,
Lord Tywin Lannister, Hand of King Joffrey I

Orders sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

orders are in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjartan Nickelsen
Denmark
flag msg tools

Hey everyone, a (very)short introduction. I am an economics student in Denmark, and I am about to start my masters thesis, so there should be time to check in a few times a day

Next, I am pleased with playing greyjoys, so now for the ingame stuff.

Lords of Westeros.

I can see that disagreements about your borders has occurred. I look forward to following internal conflicts about power and politics.
But the Greyjoys will simply not take part, as long as you stay out of our waters. Our only goal is to maintain territories that have always belonged to the Iron Islands.

For that, we will fight.

Lord Tywin Lannister, Hand of King Joffrey I,

I have no interest in your territory. Riverrun and Lannisport are yours, because I believe that we have a common interest in cooperation.
However, I will claim, the control over the Sunset Sea.

Lord Balon Greyjoy

Orders are in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.