Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my unspoken goals for 2014 (until now) is to start to post sessions now and then on BGG. I might as well start today after an exciting game of Eldritch Horror.

I played a solo game using two investigators, starting with Leo Anderson and Jacqueline Fine. The Ancient One we had to stop was Shub-Niggurath.

Things started quite calm, although the first mystery they had to solve was the creature called Nug. Leo decided to quickly acquire some assets and head to the Amazon as soon as possible to try and defeat this monster.

Leo proved to be a great fighter in the wilderness and took out Nug within two turns.

In the meanwhile, Jacqueline obtained some useful clues around the world, but she had a hard time getting that information. Injuries, madness and even being detained proved to be too much for her and she was defeated in San Francisco during a Mythos Phase. Lola Hayes, the actress, stepped in to replace Jacqueline.

Things started to get worse from here. Nug had just been defeated when another epic monster, Wind-Walker, entered the world. This was the beginning of the spawning of loads of monsters, which Shub didn't mind ofcourse. The adventurers could already hear his laughter from the other world, mennacing their minds and obviously influencing their skills (rolls were getting unbelievably bad).

Their doom was inevitable. With time running out (only 3 cards left in Mythos deck), Shub managed to enter the world in the Heart of Africa, calling all previously spawned Ghouls and the already present Cthonian to aid his conquer.

The adventurers thought they were doomed, but decided to fight until their final breath. Leo defeated a skeleton at the Pyramids and tried to gain some advantage on the expedition over there. Lola used her charm to acquire the service of an Agency Quarantine which was devestating for Shub's minions.

With the last Mythos Phase done, the courageous Leo went to the Heart of Africa for a final showdown against the wounded raging Ancient One. Before Leo started this final battle, Lola managed to get the help from the Imperial Japanese Navy, destroying Shub-Niggurath from a safe distance.

The world was saved, although barely. Leo couldn't believe his eyes as Shub-Niggurath died before his eyes. Dropping his axe, he fell on his knees, thanking whatever miracle helped them achieve the impossible.

Wow, what a game this has been. I had been Rolling so bad, cursing quite a lot (sorry neighbours). But in the end, I had more luck than I could have possibly imagined. I feel tired but very satisfied after these 2,5 hours.

This game is great in my opinion.

Hope you liked this session report. Feel free to comment (and/or more) ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great session report, and the photos add a lot to the enjoyment.

(fwiw, Shub is usually referred to in the female gender.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It was great to read and see the pictures at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:

Glad you liked it. I'm not familiar with this setting, so had no clue about gender ;-) I'll apologize to Shub whenever I see her. :-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Very cool! please keep up! also if you don't mind can post it in our Eldritch Horror google+ community
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Very cool! please keep up! also if you don't mind can post it in our Eldritch Horror google+ community

Thanks! I'll check that community as soon as I can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
VetruvianGamer wrote:
chicklewis wrote:

Glad you liked it. I'm not familiar with this setting, so had no clue about gender ;-) I'll apologize to Shub whenever I see her. :-p

I hope you won't (see her) surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.