Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross W
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... I've read the rules, I've read the FAQ, I've read the forum. And I'm sure I've missed an answer in plain sight.

1) I consider 3 jobs, and discard unwanted cards to.... a face up discard pile beside the contact deck?
2) I fail a job and discard to.... a face up discard pile beside the contact deck?
3) I succeed my first job for a contact, I place the card.... under my ship board to indicate I am solid with that contact
4) I succeed a job for a contact I am already solid with, I place the card....?
5) My wife draws the job that allows her to load as much contraband as she wants, then she hightails it to Niska and sells an entire ship lead of contraband leading to an in surmountable lead in our (first to 12K) game, I place the card.....underneath the table I just flipped over?

1) Pretty sure that's correct
2) I think that's correct
3) I know that is correct
4) Really the question is what happens with subsequent successful jobs? If I store them all under my ship card, do I discard them all if I lose rep? Can I build up rep? I don't think they should go in the discard pile, but do I take them out of the game?
5) well that's really the only valid answer here....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Right ...
2) Right ...
3) Yes ...
4) Out of the game. Either keep adding it under your ship (won't really matter, as if you lose your rep it all goes) or just put it back in the box.
5) Hahahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct in all cases, plus laughter for number 5. laugh

To clarify 4, it's up to you where you keep those subsequent successful jobs but whatever happens they don't supplement that Rep (it's either Solid or not so Solid) and nor would they ever find their way back into the game once completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't mentioned, but if you ever lose your solid status, the card showing said status is also returned to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Sherrill
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
And just for those that like things in black and white... All from the main rule book.

1 - Page 11 - Deal / Accepting Jobs: Consider 3, Accept 2
"Any unaccepted Job Cards are placed face up in the discard pile."

2 - Page 14 - Working a Job / Warrant Issued
"If you receive a Warrant while Working a Job, discard the Job, returning it to the discard pile of the issuing Contact."

3 - Page 15 - Working a Job / Reputation
"To show you are Solid with a Contact, take the completed Job Card and slide it under your Ship Card so the name of the Contact is visible."

4 - Page 15 - Working a Job / Reputation
"If you are already Solid with that Contact, remove the Job from the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A note on #4: I like to keep a "removed from the game" area in the same place as my "solid contacts" area and keep my completed Jobs for contacts I'm already Solid with there - though if I lose Solid with that contact, I'll move all my completed Jobs for them to the universal trash heap.

Niska's Holiday encourages you to do something special with your completed Niska Jobs in order to track your progress toward the second goal - in that case, I'd keep my completed Jobs even if I lost Solid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.