martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Had a blast first time and felt we are going to need more meat to make this an even better experience in the future after playing it a few times.
Read on here that this expansion is pretty good to start with. Although here in sweden it has beena bit difficult to get hold of it actually. Finally found it this evening though at an obscure retailer
Hope the money is worth it!
/zol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a lot of play value out of the set. The Gargoyle isn't useful and Brother Marcus is too powerful, but most of the set is great.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Rowe
Canada
High River Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I knew you wanted to mouse over my Avatar :).
mbmbmbmbmb
Something Wicked adds sooo much to the base game and gives you more immersion into the Touch of Evil theme. Great expansion.

You will not be disappointed with your choice. Have fun battling those new villins.

Cheers

Derek11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Something Wicked adds A LOT to the base game. You're gonna love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Really glad to hear all this positive feedback. Now i am even more excited for the arrival of the expansion!
Cheers guys.
/zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something Wicked adds a lot to the game. I enjoyed the base game but it just didn't feel complete but adding Something Wicked makes the game feel right (even when not using both boards). I frequently feel this way about Flying Frog games -- the first game is good but something is missing or doesn't just work right which is added by the first expansion. Frequently just more cards seems to be the majority of the fix.

I also feel that the game works best if you take all the recommended optional rules as being rules that should be always used. The tweaking of the rules in the Something Wicked manual does seem to fix a few problems in the base game. I also really like the Cult of the Crimson Hand being added to the plot of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Something Wicked adds a lot to the game. I enjoyed the base game but it just didn't feel complete but adding Something Wicked makes the game feel right (even when not using both boards). I frequently feel this way about Flying Frog games -- the first game is good but something is missing or doesn't just work right which is added by the first expansion. Frequently just more cards seems to be the majority of the fix.

I also feel that the game works best if you take all the recommended optional rules as being rules that should be always used. The tweaking of the rules in the Something Wicked manual does seem to fix a few problems in the base game. I also really like the Cult of the Crimson Hand being added to the plot of the game.

sounds awesome to be honest. Also as an Arkham player from beginning i thought i needed more meat on the bone so to speak. Cannot wait for this box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got the box, looked through it and i am stoked to try it out!
Probably going to try it out solo once then play a session with the guys in a few weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nephi somerville
United Kingdom
LOCHWINNOCH
RENFREWSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I couldn't find this expansion so I got the Coast, is that a bad thing?

Can't see many copies of the Wicked one in the UK

is it going to come back into print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lilikin wrote:
I couldn't find this expansion so I got the Coast, is that a bad thing?

Can't see many copies of the Wicked one in the UK

is it going to come back into print?

I actually played for the first time with all 3 expansions yesterday evening with my family. It was great fun.It feels very complete now for us even though i dont mind any extra stuff inc in the future of course.
I also had trouble finding the wicked exp at first. I was lucky to find a few odd stores having it in stock though and bought it as soon as i could.
Try checking abroad for it as well, im sure it exists somewhere!
I recommend it a lot. Some pretty cool stuff in there. As with the coast you get stuff you really want, like new heroes, cool villains( even though i liked them better in the coast) and some great heroes.
Good luck finding it
/zol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nephi somerville
United Kingdom
LOCHWINNOCH
RENFREWSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A guy in Germany on Ebay is selling 5 copies for £101 each, very tempting but I just cant justify that kind of money on an add on like this as much as I like the game particularly since they said they will be reprinting it at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.