Subject: Five players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Starbäck
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is for 1–4 players, but seeing that Firefly: The Game – Artful Dodgercontains a fifth ship, “allowing for up to five players to compete” I guess it’s playable with five players as is, if you’re willing to make a fifth ship, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
It plays fine with 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, plus you don't have to 'make' a 5th ship. A light blue plastic model comes with the ship card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It worke fine with 5, but I feel downtime increases a bit too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carlson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather play with three, but not so much that I'd tell two people I like that they can't play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Starbäck
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! (To HotHeart, I didn't mean with the Artful Dodger, but with just the base game; so you'll need an extra ship and an extra ship card.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The copy I just bought comes with the Artful Dodger included. With a bit of luck the copies in Sweden will as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
star wrote:
Thanks all! (To HotHeart, I didn't mean with the Artful Dodger, but with just the base game; so you'll need an extra ship and an extra ship card.)

Ah, I get ya. Hehe.

Yeah, as far as I know, all the latest copies (as in what was produced for the UK, and presumably Europe) have a bigger box and have the Artful Dodger bundled in with it.

Of course, if the general estimate for playtimes is 'an hour per player' then you could be looking at some long games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You would need an extra basic drive as well, as the Artful Dodger takes the faster one from one of the supply decks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My UK copy included the Artful Dodger and a ship for it. This does explain my question of why on earth does just one ship have any differences? It made no sense to me but if it was the promo ship that has simply been added in then suddenly it all clicks into place :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.