Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use of items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey W
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey

I have another question as I can't seem to find this clearly stated in the rule book, but if I for example build a knife and then a bow does my Weapon level go up by 4 (1 for the knife and 3 for the bow) or by only 3 for the bow? Also if I have a knife and I get a Sabre for example, in a mystery card that is +3 am I allowed to go fight at 4 as the knife has given me a permanent level 1 and a temporary +3 for the sabre? Potentially I could have the knife, the bow, and the Sabre giving me a temporary total of 7 for the turn. Is this right?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beatles wrote:
Hey

I have another question as I can't seem to find this clearly stated in the rule book, but if I for example build a knife and then a bow does my Weapon level go up by 4 (1 for the knife and 3 for the bow) or by only 3 for the bow? Also if I have a knife and I get a Sabre for example, in a mystery card that is +3 am I allowed to go fight at 4 as the knife has given me a permanent level 1 and a temporary +3 for the sabre? Potentially I could have the knife, the bow, and the Sabre giving me a temporary total of 7 for the turn. Is this right?

Thanks


Yes yes yes

There is no ruling on how many weapons you can and cannot use, so you can knock yourself out and tool up like some one-man-war-band.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that if you decrease your weapon level due to events, hunt cards, etc., it applies to your permanent weapon level. You can't lose it from your temporary level, then have the temporary effect go away.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
Just remember that if you decrease your weapon level due to events, hunt cards, etc., it applies to your permanent weapon level. You can't lose it from your temporary level, then have the temporary effect go away.


Temporary weapons do not move your weapon level track, so as long as people remember this, they should be ok
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What if I have a knife, and it is cancelled by a card. It says something like "cancel the effects of the invention if possible." Do I reduce my attack by 1?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Custer
United States
Salisbury
Maryland
flag msg tools
I have a question. In order to build an invention that has an item (or items)as a prerequisite, do those prerequisite items flip back over to their invention side?

Let's say I have the rope built. If my carpenter wants to build a snare, does that rope flip back over, or can I keep using that same rope for other inventions like the bow?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not flip. You can use it again. 100% sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
phantasmag wrote:
What if I have a knife, and it is cancelled by a card. It says something like "cancel the effects of the invention if possible." Do I reduce my attack by 1?


Yes. If possible (meaning you don't lose life if you're already at 0).

Spaceman7 wrote:
I have a question. In order to build an invention that has an item (or items)as a prerequisite, do those prerequisite items flip back over to their invention side?

Let's say I have the rope built. If my carpenter wants to build a snare, does that rope flip back over, or can I keep using that same rope for other inventions like the bow?


You keep the rope (don't flip).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.