Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both say to take the affiliation card of a player. Only 'Fully Armed' says the player is eliminated. Is it also implied for the Death Star II action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there are no implications within effects. The LS player plays on, but now with less resources at their command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the light side player loses their 3 objectives (out of game) but then when they start their turn they can play three more from their objective deck?

would they lose the cards in their hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is a reference to Fully Armed, Death Star II, or a new question.

If Fully Armed, then the effect's text "Eliminate a target player from the game" seems pretty clear ... you don't play 3 more objectives and continue on next turn, you're out of the game, that's it, finito, eliminated.

If other, if an effect or a rule says they lose the cards in their hand, then they do so, but there's no rule or effect that does such, so no. Remember, there are no implications in the game, it is either do, or do not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Balance of the Force card and the multiplayer rules that go with the card say that the player is not removed from the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card effects override the rules, so eliminated really means eliminated. The BotF rules I think you're referring to are in 2v2 when a player runs out of cards. But this doesn't override the Fully Armed effect, nor does it apply to the challenge scenarios iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen the second posting where the poster says that the light side player plays on and is not removed from the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first posting was talking about Death Star II. My last posting was talking about Fully Armed.

If I haven't by now answered your question, perhaps you could re-state it exactly rather than me having to guess what your query is. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Apex
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBrennan wrote:
No, there are no implications within effects. The LS player plays on, but now with less resources at their command.

And they're also penalized by not getting to see what the turn order sequence is. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.