Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused about Influence.

When doing an influence action the character you just influenced cannot influence this turn. So in the end after two round you can only influence 4 cards in the totality of the game, is that right? Do character ability that add tokens in the first round count as an influenced character in the second?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
The influence action can only be taken by cards that do not have an influence token. HOWEVER, you can add player tokens to cards using the character actions, so it's very possible (and quite likely) that there will be more than just 4 cards with tokens by the end of the second round. I've actually played a 2 player game that had all 6 initial characters influenced by the end of the first round!

When you use an ability to add tokens to character that currently has no tokens, they gain an influence token. So, yes, those characters will be available for influencing in the next round, assuming they're not in a conflict or you're able to someone resolve the conflict(s) they are in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that concise answer.

The game last 2 rounds right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game lasts as many rounds as it takes for someone to win. To win a player must have all their tokens on character cards AND EITHER control the distinct personality (dude in center) OR not be in any conflicts. Should multiple people reach a win condition at the same time, someone controlling the distinct personality wins. I don't remember what happens if multiple win and no one controls the distinct personality.

In my games so far they've always ended after either the 2nd or 3rd round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 2nd or third round?

I really hope that is not the norm. I like a game that goes a few rounds and lets you sink your teeth in a bit.

We played once and the game lasted about 6 or 7 rounds and I felt that was good for 2 players. Not too short, not too long.

I am super anxious for a 3+ player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, we're not exactly good at the game yet and it is very unforgiving if you make a big mistake. The 2 round games were usually due to such a mistake where someone could have drawn out the game, but missed something and the other player was then able to force a win.

Though, even 3 round games can have many, many turns involved, so simply using the number of rounds isn't a good indicator of game length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the game taking a long time if you play agressively. With removing and adding key took ends here and there. Have not reached that level yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
To be fair, we're not exactly good at the game yet and it is very unforgiving if you make a big mistake. The 2 round games were usually due to such a mistake where someone could have drawn out the game, but missed something and the other player was then able to force a win.

Though, even 3 round games can have many, many turns involved, so simply using the number of rounds isn't a good indicator of game length.

Agreed. If you make a play error you may not come back.

The game reminds me of Chess a bit in how if you sacrifice a key piece like a queen due to a sloppy play error, you may then lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
I don't remember what happens if multiple win and no one controls the distinct personality.

Its not possible. You have to be the 'only' person to have all your tokens out and not be in conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've actually played a 2 player game that had all 6 initial characters influenced by the end of the first round!

Sorry, but how can that be done? The first round a player can at the most influence just two character (and only in the case their leader ability allows them to put influence, the only basic leaders that can put influence with their abilities are Margayth and Ornatto). The first round at the most you should be able to do two actions (ability and influence). Am I playing something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the exact setup we had, but keep in mind:

Leaders
- Margayth can subdue a non-religious character
- Ornatto can add 2 tokens to someone that doesn't have any

So if both of those are in play you've already got 4 of the 6 characters with influence tokens (1 each via influence action and 1 each via abilty).

Of the A level character cards
- Katrina, Carminus, Augustin and Fergus can each add tokens to uninfluenced characters
- Hans can reset your leader, which lets one of the above add tokens yet again (pretty sure this guy was involved in our game)

So yeah, not only is it possible to influence everyone on round 1, there are a few different ways to go about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thanks I forgot that influenced but controlled characters can use their abilities the same turn they are put under influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.