Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

My group and I tried to beat chapter 2 today and failed twice because Lily got captured even before our heroic mice were able to even try to rescue her.

We hurried over to her tile as fast as we could, we did not even stop to search or heal. All we did was to dispatch of the given minions as fast as possible and hurry over to Lily.

Both times Lily had to kill the one Cockroach that's placed with her and later a Rat Warrior, but then it came down to pure luck of the dice rolls and in both attemted tries Lily wasn't able to dispatch of her enemies and got captured because they were able to place some well-timed hits on her while she seemed unable to evade most of the damage (and the escape trick she has at the start of the game is only usuable once).

So is this chapter beatable without much luck on Lilys' dice rolls or is there some hidden strategy that we were just not able to uncover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found chapter 2 was easiest when lily could hold her own and kill some roaches. She cant just sit there and take a beating you will need to have some luck of her bow hitting sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
I found chapter 2 was easiest when lily could hold her own and kill some roaches. She cant just sit there and take a beating you will need to have some luck of her bow hitting sometimes.
So it all comes down to some lucky rolls in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chapter 2 wasn't that tough for our group, as we started Lily off with Preemptive Shot, and she was able to take out most minions placed on her tile before they got close enough to do any damage. The ability allowed her two to three shots before they got within melee range, which is usually enough time to kill a minon.

Luck is still a factor as ranged shots are more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Chapter 2 wasn't that tough for our group, as we started Lily off with Preemptive Shot, and she was able to take out most minions placed on her tile before they got close enough to do any damage. The ability allowed her two to three shots before they got within melee range, which is usually enough time to kill a minon.
I don't know if it is possible to give Lily any abilities, as she's not part of the group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She's not part of the group, but she is still an active character in chapter 2 and part of the initiative order. Every mouse starts with one ability card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had any troubles keeping Lily alive in Ch. 2.

How are you placing the new minions on the tile? If I'm remembering correctly, the first roach you place is supposed to be around the corner near her so she can't get a shot off until it's essentially on top of her. But any minion after that can be placed at the opposite side of the tile where she has at least two turns (and likely more) to take shots at it before it can get close enough to attack her.

Does that sound like what you're doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Simpkins
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to play chapter two this weekend. I will report back how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know nothing about luck, but once in a while she's gonna fall on the poop side of the probability curve. If you want some insurance, give her First Aid. With her cheese-stealing bow, she's a decent medic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get to the last tile, be sure to have a muse run over and block the spaces where minions would get to her. They will go for the closest mouse. Make sure your heroes are the closest.

Roaches should neber kill Lilly because they take cheeses. If you lost due to roaches only, its awful rolls. Just have to play again.

... bad roles happen. I have had a time when I was on my third surge by only the second tile I visited. Comedy of events really. I was vlocked on every hit, and they rolled cheese on there attacks. Lookingb back its kinda funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.