Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
We had played a three-player game the week before. I had just received the game and messed up a few minor things, no big deal, but the game is hard to get a handle on (see Craig Masseys' repor) and as a result, Jason Levine kept on saying he hated it. Jason likes stuff to smack him upside the head with recoginition for best strategies etc. Otherwise, he is like a lost waif and can take forever to determine what he will do next. The other plasers were Ward Ahders (a/k/a/ The Parrot) and I. We saw something there but with Jason whining, the game was less than perfect.

Last Friday, I sat down with Eugene Lee, Mark Delano and Herb Levy to play. Halfway through the rules, they were all sitting there with their mouths agape, saying "huh?" Like Craig & I have already said, not an easy game to get a grip on!!!

Meanwhile, 5-10 minutes into the game, everyone began to realize how much depth was involved and how neat certain tactical setups were. For instance, my strategy was to force as many scorings as possible on my islands and it worked well enough for 2nd place. After the game, we looked around for something else to play and settled upon Bali again!!! Seems we were all pumped up to try new strategies. In the second game, Eugene immediately went after the Power Seals and wound up with 3 by the end of the game and winning by a huge margin.

We all agreed the game was excellent and offered huge possibilities for offensive and defensive play and some tense decision making. It worked great for us and I'm really looking forward to trying it again. I would think 4 would definitely play better than 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.