2 Posts

Dark Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Sound lost on Dark Tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan DeSantis
United States
flag msg tools
My Dark Tower game was stored with the batteries in place for over ten years. Cleaned up the corrosion, soldered in new power wires and all worked fine for a couple weeks. Then the speaker sounds stopped. Game still works perfectly other than having no sound, which is important for some communication (low food warning) and overall makes the game more enjoyable. Tested the continuity of wire connections for the speaker lead wires and that was good. Any ideas for testing for sound generation? Also, is there a schematic for the circuit board available anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clay
United States
Jacksonville
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about schematics but my tower wasn't working properly and I sent it to the guys at http://www.gamepart.com/towerrepair.htm and they did a fantastic job getting it working like new. You sound a lot more electronically minded than I am but if that doesn't work out you might want to try those guys...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.