Ora et Labora» Forums » General

Subject: Question regarding Language Dependency rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Is it possible to play a french version of Ora et Labora? Or is it mandatory to use pasteups on all the cards ?

I'm thinking about buying it, but I can't find an english version of the game in Switzerland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards are icon based and need no paste ups but some of the cards would require paste ups if you can't read French. Here is a picture of the Polish edition of some of the cardsthe cards.

I posted this in a similar thread and the person bought the French edition and regretted it. I would recommend waiting for a reprint or paying a premium for the English edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Well, French is a much similar language to mine than Polish.I speak Spanish also, so it wouldn't be the same thing,comparing with your friend(which I assume is Polish as well). I will give it a thought before buying, I wouldn't want to regret it also.Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The language used in OetL is not that difficult. You can always combine board gaming with language learning. However, I doubt that even OetL will encourage someone to learn Polish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
I should be getting this tomorrow, if there is anyone who knows for sure it's a bad idea.. well, I kindly ask him to stop me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I already knew how to play, and tried to play a non-English version at BGGCon and it was pretty brutal. Paste-ups may help though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.