Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently there's this version of the board game now available on multiple Amazon websites, including here (even available from some other sellers if you click there):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hobbit-Desolation-Smaug-Board/dp...

I wonder if this is the real thing, some things hint that this is categorized as a book for some reason. But there's no book with that name and the listed ISBN numbers:

ISBN-10: 1617681725
ISBN-13: 978-1617681721

Show the board game and images of the board game in some other sites as well, like here:

http://www.english-book-service.com/9781617681721.html

Really strange, can it be really gotten for this cheap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cheaper than you can get it wholesale here in the UK. I have a few in stock but can't get anywhere near that price without selling it at a loss. Maybe Amazon did a deal with Cryptozoic? If so then there's no hope of me selling future titles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
That's cheaper than you can get it wholesale here in the UK. I have a few in stock but can't get anywhere near that price without selling it at a loss. Maybe Amazon did a deal with Cryptozoic? If so then there's no hope of me selling future titles!

It's actually a Marketplace seller on Amazon, which means it's a third party seller and not Amazon. Amazon simply cuts a small percentage from the deal.

I have no idea how they got it that cheap, but they aren't the only ones - others are a 1-2 pounds more expensive and still way below MSRP of $40, if you look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1617681725/ref=dp_o...

This might be some deal Cryptozoic made with bookstores that sell games. If you look at Amazon third party sellers for this title, there's quite a few and all of them seem to be primarily book stores.

And just to clarify, this is the actual board game. At least my order arrived and it's the right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Thompson
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid €19.60 delivered to the UK from thebookdepository.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As books are not subject to VAT in the UK maybe they are managing to swing these as books. Who knows! Book Depository are often very cheap - I wish I knew how they do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.