David Hailey
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hesitate to provide the details below for fear I made an error, but what the heck, I’ll take the risk.

Player Order: Ezren, Lem, Valeros, Seelah, Lini, Merisiel

Things had not been going well, Valeros was the only one not too beat up at the halfway point through the Blessing Deck, and only three locations were closed.

Lini and Lem stumble on to Ripnuggett&Stickfoot at the Swallowtail Festival, but no one is covering The Old Light. The die rolls go badly, temporarily closing only the City Gate, saving the available blessings for the villains didn’t help much, and with R&S undefeated I lose three turns as they escape! I guess I might as well play it out.
Merisiel uses her Spyglass reveal a Goblin Raider at the Wooden Bridge, but needing cards, decides to recuperate. (9 cards left in the Blessing deck)

Ezren casts Augury for monsters at the Desecrated Vault and finds R&S! The plan is to move Lem to cover The Old Light and Valeros will take them out - should be easy.

Valeros takes his position, Warhammer in hand. Lini tries to close the Swallowtail Festival. All she has to do acquire a Dogslicer +1. With her Crow’s help, revealed and discarded, and discarding a card for a d10, it’s a d10+d6+d4. Need a 9. Roll a 6. Seelah closes the City Gates, Merisiel the Wooden Bridge, Lem manages the Old Light, and Valeros does his job easily thanks to a Strength spell from Ezren, but R&S escape to the festival. By the way, Valeros and Ezren take 1 fire damage after the fight, adding injury to insult. (6 cards left)

Seelah peeks at a shiny Warhammer +1 and sends it to the bottom of the short City Gate deck, but having discarded her light crossbow to help out last turn and needing cards, rested to regain two blessings and a mace. (5 cards left)

Lini casts Detect Evil to find R&S on top of the 7 card deck! Then draws a blessing, having decided to leave the fight to Valeros. (4 cards left)

Merisiel decides to risk closing the Wooden Bridge permanently and does so. (3 turns left)

Ezren moves to the Swallowtail Festival to help out, but doesn’t get much when he refills his hand. (2 turns left)

Lem has to stay put to cover the Old Light.

Here goes. It’s up to Valeros. Lem accepts a blessing to temporarily close the Old Light. Seelah makes certain to close the City Gates, discarding her mace.

Valeros uses recently drawn Boots of Elvenkind to pass the Stealth check. He has two blessings, one for each foe, and is carrying the Sage’s Journal for an extra d4. So 2d10+d8+d4+3 to beat 9 – I roll 1+2+1+1. The disaster is almost complete, but Valeros does hold a Troubadour – there is a glimmer of hope. I lose Half-Plate for the one damage, discard the Troubadour and shuffle the 7 remaining cards.

But wait … Ezren has a Spyglass and finds R&S at the top of the deck! The tough rolls were for Lem and Seelah. Lem needs a d6+3 >=6, so he gets the last Blessing of the Gods and avoids snake eyes. Seelah has to beat a Bandit without a weapon, but can discard a card for an extra d6, d6+d8+2 >= 8. She manages to roll a 1 and a 6 plus 2 to get it done. Valeros fails his Stealth check making the last roll a little tense, but using his Sage’s Journal and sacrificing his warhammer, he wins the day without too much trouble.

I love games that leave a good story behind. This one did today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I read the ending correctly, Valeros failed to kill him the first time, and used a troubadour to explore again, luckly R/S were on top of the deck, correct?

It would not have changed the outcome but Ezren can only use the spyglass on his own location (Swallowtail festival)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hailey
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may not have been clear in my report, but Swallowtail Festival is where all the action was. Both Ezren and Valeros moved there after closing the Desecrated Vault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.