Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New to the game, 2 questions after my first few games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel F
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok so far a I am really enjoying the game and over all the rules don't seem all that hard to follow but there are thus far 2 little issues I was wondering about.

1. Any time you gain a card (either an AA as a level reward, spells or artifacts from dungeon rewards, buying a spell, burning down a monastery for an artifcat, buying an AA card, getting a spell at a mage tower, ect) it goes ontop of your deed deck correct? Is there ever a time where it goes directly into your hand?

2. Lets say something has a fire attack of 6. Normally you would either need 6 ice block or 12 normal block to block it, can you use 3 ice and 6 regular?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Klonoa77 wrote:
Ok so far a I am really enjoying the game and over all the rules don't seem all that hard to follow but there are thus far 2 little issues I was wondering about.

1. Any time you gain a card (either an AA as a level reward, spells or artifacts from dungeon rewards, buying a spell, burning down a monastery for an artifcat, buying an AA card, getting a spell at a mage tower, ect) it goes ontop of your deed deck correct? Is there ever a time where it goes directly into your hand?

2. Lets say something has a fire attack of 6. Normally you would either need 6 ice block or 12 normal block to block it, can you use 3 ice and 6 regular?

Thanks!

1. correct - on top of deed deck. An acquired card only goes to your hand if something exlicitly says so (there are some spells that put cards in your hand). there are even things that add cards to your discard pile, but always it must be explicitly stated on the card.

2. Yes, you can combine efficient and inefficient blocks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There are some Advanced Action cards and Artifacts that put them in your hand, but the normal acquisition means it will be the first card you draw next turn.

2. Yup. That's exactly how you do it. The same applies to attacks. That's why having a simple skill token giving you 1 Ice attack is great against things with Physical Resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

2. Short answer is yes. An "ineffective" block is worth only half of its value. You can use combinations, you just have to match the attack.

Edit: Ninja'd! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wound cards go directly into your hand (except for Poison).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.