david griffiths
United Kingdom
plymouth
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are those two green tokens for,one has a picture of a tree and the other is plain green (close up of a leaf?),they are smaller than the adventure tokens but larger than the other tokens.Also while I am here can anyone explain how to use the wreckage cards please,I know how to use food crates on the first scenario but I am not sure what to do with the other cards,and if food crates are added for every mission.
thanks for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same questions!

What I do know:
Food crates are generally used for each mission. The only exceptions are when it specifically states in the scenario description under set-up changes that a different card will be used. However, I've played all 6 of the regular scenarios plus all of Journey of the Beagle, and I haven't seen any time when those cards are used. Perhaps I just missed it, or maybe they are used in scenarios 7 or 8 (posted on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other two wreckage cards are optional. The rulebook has a section on them listed as a variation if I recall correctly.

(Random Wreckage cards under Adjusting the game on pages 14-15)

Ah, those tokens. I believe they are just round sections of the token sheet that were cut out because of the die that was used. I believe they are not used for anything however someone else might know better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david griffiths
United Kingdom
plymouth
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you I found it page 15 random wreckage cards,you can select a random card at step 17
==============================================
Those green disks are not the shortcut token,that token is smaller than these two,it is so easy to miss a detail in the rule book I just get a feeling they should be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
phantasmag wrote:
I had the exact same questions!

What I do know:
Food crates are generally used for each mission.

Hi guys. This is wrong. food crates is recommended for your first play. After that it is dealt randomly.

best wishes, rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:

Ah, those tokens. I believe they are just round sections of the token sheet that were cut out because of the die that was used. I believe they are not used for anything however someone else might know better.

I think is is right. i don't have those tokens in Portal 1st edition, so it does sound like offcuts

EDIT: I call that "chaffel" ... made up word ????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dune Tiger
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:

I was curious about this as well, but you can confirm this by taking the empty... sprues (?) and lining them up. They just didn't bother to remove those from the cutting die. You can junk them or use them for something else. Who doesn't love a token?

Back to the topic, just in case anyone was wondering - the hourglass on Food Crates (if you assign two people to the task) means nonperishable food item. It took me a while to figure that out when I opened the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.