Subject: Caverna reprint. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Miller
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know when Caverna is being reprinted/redistributed?

The game sold out more quickly than the reviews came out. Therefore, I missed out on the purchase.

I figured if Sam Healy liked it after professing his hatred for Agricola over and over again, it has to be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere in February 2014? My boardgame store owner told me so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they tell you this before or after this? No wood, not even for sheep! Hidden in that thread is this gem from Lookout:
Hanno wrote:
Here's the 101 of determining a print run size for the publisher:
To estimate the size of the first print run, we took the perorders coming in from the distributors, added what we thought we could sell at Essen, added some more that the distributors most likely were going to add to their orders, and rounded up.
As soon as the distributors reordered, we started working on this week 51 print run and on a real one for Feburary. And we estimated for Q2/14. I think that's fair enough.
So...not sure what Q2 means here...it either means FY14/Q2, which would be Jan-Mar, or Q214 for real, Apr-Jun.

Assuming Hanno is indicating it'll get a reprint in February (and it actually is reprinted then), you'll probably see it in stores late March or early April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I placed the order, and the shopkeeper ask me to expect to pick it up some where March or April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's three runs. The second one in response to orders is due in Jan, a few weeks later than planned because of wood stock shortages at the bit maker.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbMiller wrote:
I figured if Sam Healy liked it after professing his hatred for Agricola over and over again, it has to be good.

I missed the Sam Healy video/audio. Can someone point me to it? I saw Tom's review...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
RobbMiller wrote:

I missed the Sam Healy video/audio. Can someone point me to it? I saw Tom's review...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Caverna reprint
Did it get thrown off something or was this an unremarkable review that makes no meaningful points.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Did they tell you this before or after this? No wood, not even for sheep! Hidden in that thread is this gem from Lookout:
Hanno wrote:
Here's the 101 of determining a print run size for the publisher:
To estimate the size of the first print run, we took the perorders coming in from the distributors, added what we thought we could sell at Essen, added some more that the distributors most likely were going to add to their orders, and rounded up.
As soon as the distributors reordered, we started working on this week 51 print run and on a real one for Feburary. And we estimated for Q2/14. I think that's fair enough.
So...not sure what Q2 means here...it either means FY14/Q2, which would be Jan-Mar, or Q214 for real, Apr-Jun.

Assuming Hanno is indicating it'll get a reprint in February (and it actually is reprinted then), you'll probably see it in stores late March or early April.

This seems consistent with 999 Games statement of a Dutch release in Spring.
I don't know this for a fact, but I think all publishers get their game material from the same factory, especially in cases of no language-dependant parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up an order from Bob at CLS Games today and counted 18 copies of Caverna on the shelves. Didn't ask what the price is (already have mine), but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably his price:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

or

http://www.amazon.com/MayFair-Games-Caverna-Cave-Farmers/dp/...

surprise

Which sucks, because I'd love to find a copy....that isn't 40-80 dollars above retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. This looks to be the non-Amazon price:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a quote from CLS and it came in around $147.43 with shipping. Amazon has a ding and dent from CSI (about 5 last I looked) for about $123.00. My wife and I really want this but we already have a healthy Agricola collection and I just can't see spending 70 more than I would have if I had hit CSI when it released for a game that is so much like something in my collection...

just have to play other things till it becomes more readily available...you know like Robinson Crusoe has...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Miller
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MhidDa wrote:
I got a quote from CLS and it came in around $147.43 with shipping.
just have to play other things till it becomes more readily available...you know like Robinson Crusoe has...

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played what I can only presume was a second run or reprint yesterday since the errata was in the English rulebook. Nice to see it worked its way in there so fast! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael zietlow
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ive been waiting far to long for the reprint. I've been in pre Order for several months!
If CoolStuffi changes its Estimated release too May/June I'm going to scream & loose it! I'll cancel my order and just buy the original lookout games print (as long as its under 200.)

PS. Can some one post a link to the Back Story as to why Caverna needed to be picked up by a different company for a reprint in the 1st place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoMoney wrote:
PS. Can some one post a link to the Back Story as to why Caverna needed to be picked up by a different company for a reprint in the 1st place?

Wasn't Lookout Games acquired by Mayfair Games recently? A quick Google search might give you an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
SoMoney wrote:
Ive been waiting far to long for the reprint. I've been in pre Order for several months!
If CoolStuffi changes its Estimated release too May/June I'm going to scream & loose it! I'll cancel my order and just buy the original lookout games print (as long as its under 200.)

It wasn't. Same company did both.

I have my copy up for trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Treat
United States
Longview
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you atill have a copy of caverna for trade? Is so, what do yiu want for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
justintreat87 wrote:
Do you atill have a copy of caverna for trade? Is so, what do yiu want for it?
Yes..and...now that it's back in print...I dunno. Something approximately 90ish MSRP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.