Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Do threat shields 'regenerate' after each turn? So if I can't destroy it on the 1st go around, do I have to take into account the shield the next go-around (turn)?

(1a) IF they do regenerate, does missile damage happen after/before shield regenerate...or
(1b) IF they do NOT regenerate, then disregard this 2nd question

(2) Battle Bots -- is there ANY way to not have they bots follow the person? From the Handbook, I couldn't see an option where one can 'ditch' the bots or transfer ownership. I feel like that's a huge commitment -- making that choice that much harder if one can not relinquish them

Thank you in advance -- about to play my 1st game and I think I have a great handle on it [will obviously start w/ the test runs). Pretty excited about this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
(1) Do threat shields 'regenerate' after each turn? So if I can't destroy it on the 1st go around, do I have to take into account the shield the next go-around (turn)?

(1a) IF they do regenerate, does missile damage happen after/before shield regenerate...or
(1b) IF they do NOT regenerate, then disregard this 2nd question

(2) Battle Bots -- is there ANY way to not have they bots follow the person? From the Handbook, I couldn't see an option where one can 'ditch' the bots or transfer ownership. I feel like that's a huge commitment -- making that choice that much harder if one can not relinquish them

Thank you in advance -- about to play my 1st game and I think I have a great handle on it [will obviously start w/ the test runs). Pretty excited about this one.

1) Yes. They all have more competent crews than you, apparently. All damage in a turn is done at the same time. So the damage from missiles which were fired last turn is added to lasers that were fired this turn.

2) No ditching or transferring of Battlebots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh -- that's what I was leaning towards. Thank you for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
(2) Battle Bots -- is there ANY way to not have they bots follow the person? From the Handbook, I couldn't see an option where one can 'ditch' the bots or transfer ownership. I feel like that's a huge commitment -- making that choice that much harder if one can not relinquish them.

Based on my experience, my impression is that you are extremely unlikely to face a situation where this would matter. But if you're worried about it, you can just adopt a house rule that if you're leading an undamaged battlebot squad and you press C in the upper blue or lower red space when there is no inactive battlebot squad there, your squad becomes inactive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hapal
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
1. yes it regenerates after each turn. unless there's a special trait for the threat.

1a. the missile damage is along with other weapons like heavy lasers

2. no there's no way you can leave nor transfer the bots. once the player activated the battlebots, they are with the player for the rest of the game. even if the battlebots are disabled, they are still following the guy who activated them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.