Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
*TV haters exit stag left*

Looks like a strong TV season this spring. This is my list of must see this spring.

Sherlock Season 3: A no brainer, or a total brainer.

Dracula: I like this more than I thought. The strange industrialist story is just nominally interesting enough to keep me involved.

Space Dandy: New one. Crazy looking Anime.

Real Humans: This swedish show that was labeled as a "better" Almost Human.

Almost Human: Actually not bad. But it's fox, so I don't want to get to invested in it.

Justified:

American Horror Story Season 4: This started in the fall, but each season has been crazier than the last. I like what they have done with it so far.

Revolution: OK, it's pretty bad, but a guilty pleasure.

Elementary: At first I thought this would have a hard time competing with Sherlock, but it's really a different path. And it's been fairly solid storywise.

Enlisted: New A new fox comedy that has potential.

Girls: A fun look at the hipsters of new york. Not sure the accuracy, but it's funny.

True Detective: Matt McConaughy and Woody Harrelson...will do!

Call of the Midwife Season 2: This one was really good last season.

Black Sails: New Argghh.

House of Cards:

The Americans: a great spy thriller set in the 80's. Great acting.

Game of Thrones: Well, yeah.

Orphan Black: season 2

True Blood season 7: Another guilty pleasure. Wacky, dumb fun.

Orange is the New Black Season 2:
a favorite of my wife and I

Rectify: If you haven't seen the first season, run don't walk and see it.

The Red Road: New Looks interesting.

The Strain: New. The "viral" videos are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about most of them but Justified returns next Tuesday. love that show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justified season 4 just went live on Amazon Prime this week. I'll be doing some binge watching while I DVR this season. Love that show.

I'm half way though season 1 of House of Cards. It's good; I'll be watching more.

I only saw the first two or three episodes of The Americans before things got a little hectic and it fell away from me. I need to pick that one back up.

It's a few months away from it's season 3 premiere, but I'll be watching Longmire. That's a favorite for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlewis2 wrote:

It's a few months away from it's season 3 premiere, but I'll be watching Longmire. That's a favorite for me.

Big thumbsup for this one. My wife and I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
TV I'm looking forward to in 2014

Game of Thrones: Not only 2014 but I'm actually anxiously awaiting season five (which has to be an improvement on "Feast for Crows")

Orphan Black: This is a favorite in our house. Only concern is that there were so many great plot twists in season one that they're going to burn out before the end of season two if they try to keep up that pace.

Almost Human: Biggest surprise of fall 2013. Pilot blew me away. Resulting episodes still very good. FOX factor a concern.

Broadchurch: Has been renewed for a second season. Not sure how they're going to do that with the current stars based on the ending of season one. Not sure it'll be the same without them.

Elementary: Really has more in common with House than it does Sherlock. Johnny Lee Miller is great.

Agents of Shield: Has biggest chance to rise or drop in 2014. I'm on board with the promise of the show and it's had it's moments, but still not very engaged with the characters (beyond Coulson and Mei).

Continuum: First two seasons have been equally brilliant and maddeningly stupid. Sort of takes over for Alphas in that role.

Doctor Who: Was really starting to lose interest at the end of the previous run, but intrigued by what Capaldi will bring to the role. Loved him in Torchwood.

Haven: My guilty pleasure. Technically hasn't been renewed for 2014 yet. Part of me hopes that it isn't. The fourth season was one of the better ones, but ending the series now gives the 'win' to the bad guys (a'la Twin Peaks), which would be fun.

Lost Girl: My other guilty pleasure. Only started watching last season. Not sure if I'm drawn to it because it's a rich, dark fantasy world, or because of the constantly implied promise of soft-core girl-on-girl action. I hope it's the former.

Sleepy Hollow: I enjoy watching this with my wife, but not sure I'd continue if it was just up to me. The guy playing Ichabod is good. Weird seeing Orlando Jones in a dramatic role. Throws out the occasionally good anachronism joke. Kind of has a "National Treasure" vibe with the whole 'our founding fathers had all these secret agendas' thing going on.

Defiance: Why am I still watching this? I have no idea. Maybe to see if the radical changes implied in the season one cliffhanger actually improve the show.

Also, my wife and I have been binge-watching Fringe on Amazon Prime, which I would give five stars (but obviously not a current show).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
man that is a lot of shows. Its overwhelming.

Looking forward to Sherlock and Downtown. And baseball.

That is it for me. I haven't seen anything else mentioned.

I wouldn't mind a cool nerdy show if you have any tips. Something newish and available. I don't want to watch 3-4 backlogged seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:

Yeah, I'm amazed anyone has time to watch all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
quozl wrote:
riddlen wrote:

Yeah, I'm amazed anyone has time to watch all of them.

Well, they come at different times of the year, and some have a small number of episodes.

I mean game of thrones feels like it has just started, and then it's over.

Sherlock is three episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Rectify: If you haven't seen the first season, run don't walk and see it.

The best thing I saw on TV all year and I'm including the last season of Breaking Bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
I'm just busy salivating over Sherlock season 3. I have been seriously tempted to just pirate the episodes as they come out so I can avoid spoilers and get back on Tumblr. But I'm a good boy and haven't given in...yet. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.