Subject: absolute Zero / Sub-Zero Atmosphere rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"ANY VILLAIN CARD WHICH WOULD ACT AT THE END OF THE VILLAIN TURN INSTEAD ACTS AT THE START OF THE VILLAIN TURN."

I'm not sure how or why I would play this?

- zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory it can help you by delaying the abilities of certain villain cards until the turn after they get played. In practice it's a risky thing to do, as many villains could potentially destroy it at such a time that they would get to activate those abilities twice in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sub-Zero Atmosphere is especially useful against villains who have lots of cards that act at the end of their turn - in the Core set, that's everybody except Baron Blade. Putting Sub-Zero Atmosphere into play means that you get a full round to deal with each "minion" as it comes into play rather than suffering its effects immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it is rather obvious now it’s pointed out to me. blush

Thanks guys.

- zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really Nice against the Chairman, because all of his Minions come into play at the end of the turn, and then get to do their End of Turn effects. Of course, it also means that they all have start of turn effects now, but maybe that is helpful in some other way (ie, if the environment lets you play a card out of turn, which it often does)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkfox wrote:
Really Nice against the Chairman, because all of his Minions come into play at the end of the turn, and then get to do their End of Turn effects. Of course, it also means that they all have start of turn effects now, but maybe that is helpful in some other way (ie, if the environment lets you play a card out of turn, which it often does)

It's really not very effective against the Chairman at all as all the abilities of the thugs and underbosses now happen at the start of the turn, including the ones that pull out more underbosses and thugs! (Which means it happens at the start of turn and all their abilities trigger now as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
lynkfox wrote:

It's really not very effective against the Chairman at all as all the abilities of the thugs and underbosses now happen at the start of the turn, including the ones that pull out more underbosses and thugs! (Which means it happens at the start of turn and all their abilities trigger now as well)

Yes, but now when a Jailbreak (Prison Break? I always forget the name) occurs, you have 1 round to kill the Underbosses before they summon their Thugs, which is HUGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.