Subject: Plot objective question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Teixeira
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Awesome game! Read all entries of rules questions and the FAQ and still don't know how to solve this.

Let's say that tiles are arranged such as part of the layout has four red plots connected this way:

R
R R
R

now let's say one of my objectives is:

R
R
R

and the other is:

R
R R
R

1 - Can I claim two objectives at once in my turn?

2 - I guess this is sort of like question number one but basically I wanted to know whether completing a plot objective of let's say three tiles arranged in line means that I must have exactly three plot tiles in line, or can it be four tiles in line?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yes you can claim both, and yes a line of four allows the line of three card to be claimed.

To claim an objective, the only requirement is that the board configuration match what is shown on the card in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1-Yes
2-As long as the plot objective is fulfilled you can play the card as completed on your turn. If you need three in a row and there are four, no problem as long as the plot objective is fulfilled.

You can even wait until for a subsequent turn (even your last turn) to reveal objectives as a strategy. They don't have to be played immediately. The risk is the objective may change and go unfulfilled. This may also sacrifice (oppurtunity cost) your chance at another card with the hand limit. The reward is you may be able to play a ton of objectives cards at a later time. This can be very effective at the end if someone thinks they are winning and someone else drops tons of cards.

I hope that answers your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neverscene wrote:
If you need three in a row and there are four, no problem as long as the objectives is fulfilled.

I know this thread is about plot objectives, but just in case it comes up (like it did in one of our early games, when we hadn't yet absorbed the different rules)...the above description is correct for plot objectives, but the gardener objectives do NOT work that way. If the picture on the card has three bamboo growing, a stack of four does NOT count. (Until a panda eats one off the top!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
neverscene wrote:
If you need three in a row and there are four, no problem as long as the objectives is fulfilled.

I know this thread is about plot objectives, but just in case it comes up (like it did in one of our early games, when we hadn't yet absorbed the different rules)...the above description is correct for plot objectives, but the gardener objectives do NOT work that way. If the picture on the card has three bamboo growing, a stack of four does NOT count. (Until a panda eats one off the top!)

That's a good clarification. I edited my post to be more pedantic so as not to confuse anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It is only the gardener objectives that have a sensitivity to game state. Plot objectives can never become undone, and panda objectives depend on how you manage your eaten bamboo inventory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.