Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss something on this one? I definitely pledged via KS back in August and haven't heard a peep since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_fantastic wrote:
Did I miss something on this one? I definitely pledged via KS back in August and haven't heard a peep since.

They've sent updates as recently as December 5 saying they were just getting their place in line with the printers. The delivery date is in March, so we still have some time to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, what Steve said!

Game Salute has told me that the art for the base game and the Substances is expansion is all done; I believe the artist is finishing up the Apprentices cards now.

I know that the rules editor was running some things by me about a week ago. So, things are still moving along from what I can see!

Michael Iachini - Designer of Chaos & Alchemy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaosAndAlchemy wrote:
Yep, what Steve said!

Game Salute has told me that the art for the base game and the Substances is expansion is all done; I believe the artist is finishing up the Apprentices cards now.

I know that the rules editor was running some things by me about a week ago. So, things are still moving along from what I can see!

Michael Iachini - Designer of Chaos & Alchemy

Thanks so much for responding, Michael! When I started seeing the second edition listed on the BGG listing I thought I may have missed something. Will the KS backers get that version? I really like the box art!

Very excited for this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Game Salute edition that was funded with the Kickstarter campaign is the second edition. The first edition was a small print run that I did myself back in 2012 with black and white sketch art on the cards.

Kickstarter backers (and future game buyers) will get the Game Salute second edition with color art on the cards and the new cover illustration on the box.

I'm glad that you're excited; I am too!

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 months later, anything new to share here, since the KS forum itself has devolved into a punch out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had lots of details to share, but I don't. Game Salute is the publisher; I'm just the designer.

I can tell you that Game Salute did send me soft proofs of the game several weeks ago (all of the card images, box images, rulebook), followed by some edits from me, followed by some updated soft proofs. The final versions of the cards and boxes looked great, and the remaining edits I suggested to the rules were mostly minor.

I don't know exactly what this means for production timeline, but from what I can tell all of the files should be ready for production.

That's the only solid information I have; I hope it helps!

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mb
I just discovered this game today and it looks like a lot of fun. So, here are my three questions:

1) How much is this to purchase?

2) How much is shipping to Europe?

3) When will Chaos & Alchemy be finalized (as in ready to ship)?

Godspeed (I couldn't think of anything better to say) on this game's progression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to any of those questions yet. Game Salute (the publisher) will be the one to set all of those things.

Reading the tea leaves, I think there's a very good chance Chaos & Alchemy will be available for sale by the end of September, but Game Salute's web site currently says January, so I can't be sure.

I wish I could offer something more concrete, but I just don't know yet.

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.