Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just reading the rules without having the game - yet.

Is the adrenalin cost on the kit cards counting towards the allowed maximum by stance ?

The rules are not clear on this. I'd love to see a FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the Kit Cards goes to your Adrenaline limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use that ability, then you increase you're adrenaline by that amount. If you don't use that kit that turn, then that adrenaline cost doesn't mean anything.

For example, it costs the Rifleman 2 adrenaline to throw out a Sentry Drone. If he doesn't want to use that ability, then he doesn't spend that adrenaline.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
If you use that ability, then you increase you're adrenaline by that amount. If you don't use that kit that turn, then that adrenaline cost doesn't mean anything.

I understand that. I'm just curious how kit cards played out of turn sequence are working. If they cost adrenalin and the marine is already at his max for stance, can they still be used or is this theory crafting as only kit cards used as an action cost adrenalin ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
shnar wrote:

I understand that. I'm just curious how kit cards played out of turn sequence are working. If they cost adrenalin and the marine is already at his max for stance, can they still be used or is this theory crafting as only kit cards used as an action cost adrenalin ?

As I understand it, with only 1 game in, if the commando is at max adrenalin then they can't do anything else regardless of the kits they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrenaline on kit cards shows the adrenaline required to use that card's ability. Think of it as a new action type only you can use. You can't go beyond your max allowed by your stance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
LarkinVB wrote:
shnar wrote:

I think this one's been answered, but I thought I'd chime in here.
Used adrenaline is turned over to the Overseer at the start of the commando turn. I believe this would include adrenaline used on the commando's turn, as well as any adrenaline used out of sequence on the Overseer's turn.
Once a commando's adrenaline is maxed, no more adrenaline can be used by that commando. Any kit cards a commando has do not add to a commando's adrenaline, but merely to ways a commando may use adrenaline.
This last one's obvious, but also keep in mind that a commando's adrenaline limit can change from turn to turn, based on the stance card chosen.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.