Popular Tags: [View All]
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

let me say first: I am new to this game, although I played WoW before (just a little, did not like it too much). Yesterday we played our first game of Attack Wing (full rules), and it was very good. They really caputered the feel of the series somehow - my warp core blew up finally, but even that was very thematic...

Just one problem I have with this game: I mainly wanted it for the missions. So, after the first play I wanted to prepare a mission for the 2 of us, but: Nothing. Not in te rulebook. Not in the Valdore-expansion I own. Only 3p. Come on - can that be true? As I do not want to invest a lot of money in this game, this might be a killer for me - actually I think about selling it, which is a pity, because is such a good game.

Did I miss something? Are there any official 2p-mission I can play with the core set?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Barnes
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why can't you play the missions in the starter as a 2 player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me apologize right now, but I need to point out that every other expansion has 2 player missions in them.

The easiest ones I could point to would be the OP event missions, but those aim for 100 point builds.

So it might just be easiest if you can find a description of the scenarios included in other expansions, and just play around them requiring the specific ship from that expansion.

A good example would be the mutaran nebula from the wrath of khan.

it wants both players to have 40 point builds (Disregard the requirement of the reliant.) and then set 4 mission tokens 4 inches from the board edges. (So you go to each corner and range 1 away from both the flat sides of the 3 ft x 3 ft area.)

Starting area is the 4 inches on opposite sides of the board, and anywhere in between or in the square from the mission tokens is the mutaran nebula and has it's own special rules.

So all ships in the nebula lose cloak and shields, and can't cloak. but all ships can sensor echos and get +2 agility for their defense rolls. No ship in the nebula can scan and only attack at range 1. Secondary weapons can only be used at range 1, and if it couldn't be used at range 1 (Photon torpedoes except dominion style.) it can now be used at range 1, but on hitting your opponent, you take the same damage they do but reduced by 1 and all crits as normal hits. If ships collide, both ships will take 2 hits, but get to roll their captain skill halved in defense dice to negate this damage.

Anyone outside of the nebula can't attack someone in the nebula. (Though you can freely attack out of it.)

So I found that to be a fun mission, and pretty open ended when you ignore that it wants the expansion ship for one of the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the missions in the starter-rulebook be played with just 2 players?

Thanks Charles for the description. Funny that I chose exactly the wrong expansion Is there some kind of list which missions are contained where? I would also be especially interested in a 2p-coop mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come join our german Attack Wing Community at

www.neutralezone.forumieren.com

You might get help and even find some players there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the hint - the German forum looks a little empty, to be honest... But I will check back in future.

Any information if the base-mssions can be played 2p? And which expansion would you say offers the best 2p mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will stay "empty" if no more people join. And its not really that empty at all.

I really enjoy the Kobayashi Maru mission from the Tinyprise Expansion.

The Defiant "Defend the Alpha Quadrant" or something the like mission is good as well.

As others have mentioned before, the Orgaized play missions are written for 2 players: they can be found here

www.wizkidsgames.com/dominionwar/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the rule book has some two player missions in them. The Valdor and one of the Klingon ships (if I remember correctly) have three player missions. The rest are all two player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
mavo wrote:
Thanks for the hint - the German forum looks a little empty, to be honest... But I will check back in future.

Any information if the base-mssions can be played 2p? And which expansion would you say offers the best 2p mission?

"A New Source of Dilithium" in the back of the rulebook can be played very easily with 2p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
I have lots of fun playing the valdore as a co-op for two players, someone plays with one ship, the other with two ships. Usually I try and make the scenerio a little harder so will play with two smaller ships (for one player) and a larger ship (for the other player).
All other missions from the expansion packs are for two players (so far).
I am actually really hoping we get another co-op mission in the future, it is my favorite one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, finally I tried this Valdore-Scimitar-mission... My god, that's a really hard one, and for my taste far too random (I do not assume I played something wrong...).

Ok, final try with one of the missions from the base game, before I might sell it. Or do you think there is an expansion mission I should definitely try?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scimitar is easy with Muons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.