Subject: Really Basic Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Osborne
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Do you need to save workers to take actions in the activation phase, such as inclining cards or using the patent effects? For instance, Lobbying - do you need to save a worker to use this?

2. Can you get money from the workers surrounding a card in the activation phase? That was how I understood the rules, but when I watched a video, no one took money nor did they mention this as an option.

3. If you use the Event card that generates a worker for a cost, is that worker there for good or is it a round only worker (I'm thinking Guest vs. FG in Agricola)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LauraO wrote:
1. Do you need to save workers to take actions in the activation phase, such as inclining cards or using the patent effects? For instance, Lobbying - do you need to save a worker to use this?
yes - if the card has a worker symbol on it indicating that on is needed to activate the card.

Quote:
2. Can you get money from the workers surrounding a card in the activation phase? That was how I understood the rules, but when I watched a video, no one took money nor did they mention this as an option.
That's the only time you can do so. Your actions in phase I are: Place a Worker, Use the Event or Move to Activation. The clue is in the names of the phases: Placement and Activation.

Quote:
3. If you use the Event card that generates a worker for a cost, is that worker there for good or is it a round only worker (I'm thinking Guest vs. FG in Agricola)?
Permanent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LauraO wrote:

For using factories and mines in your tableau you'll need to "save" a worker to use them. Something like Lobbying applies to a worker that you've placed during placement and are now pulling to purchase a card during activation.

Quote:

Yes. 1 pound per worker left around the card.

Quote:

It's there for the rest of the game and can be used on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Osborne
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.