Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of Level Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have 3 exp in my experience pile and I've just defeated a monster worth 2 exp with a roll of 20. Am I eligible to level up my hero? Because after defeated the monster I'll have total of 5 exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
birdkingz wrote:
If I have 3 exp in my experience pile and I've just defeated a monster worth 2 exp with a roll of 20. Am I eligible to level up my hero? Because after defeated the monster I'll have total of 5 exp.

This is covered in the FAQ on page 16 of the Rulebook.

Quote:
I just defeated a Monster by rolling 20. Can I use the Experience from the Monster to level up?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

Quote:
I just defeated a Monster by rolling 20. Can I use the Experience from the Monster to level up?
Yes.

Thanks for pointing it out. Guess that I've missed that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovan Milojevic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
xris wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

Quote:
Yes.

Thanks for pointing it out. Guess that I've missed that out.

But can you level up during fight if you hit monster with roll of 20 and do 1 damage and monster stays alive with 2-3 hp left? Also does your daily power you already used refresh after leveling up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G

Wisconsin
msg tools
If you need that experience to level up, and the monster is still alive, then I would guess the answer to be no. You would have to fully kill the monster.

If you already have 5 experience points waiting on the side, and you rolled a 20 in the middle of a battle, then yes - you can level up during a fight.

Rules state any time you roll a 20 for whatever means, that is your chance to level up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgrams2000 wrote:
If you need that experience to level up, and the monster is still alive, then I would guess the answer to be no. You would have to fully kill the monster.

If you already have 5 experience points waiting on the side, and you rolled a 20 in the middle of a battle, then yes - you can level up during a fight.

Rules state any time you roll a 20 for whatever means, that is your chance to level up!

This is the one to go on.
You don't have to kill the monster when the 20 is rolled. You simply have to roll the natural 20 during an attack AND have 5 experience to spend to level up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.