The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Good Lore Deck strategy-Newbie asks :-) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniele Castriotta
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey
Because in the other theard nobody saw this i post it again.
I got my copy of this game yesterday and it has a great atmosphere and game play. I only tried the first quest.

My first game (without shadow cards) u won with the leadership deck.
I won again with the same Deck and shadow cards. ( Aragon and the other one are very good for going questing)

So i went over to the Lore deck, and besides of bad luck, i couldn't´t figure out a good strategy. The card effects of every Character is very useful but you have to exhaust them for it and that was never a good idea.
Any Idea what a good strategy is for the lore deck. Or at least a hint.

The other two decks i haven´t played yet because i use protection sleeves (the first game ever i do something like that) and i didn´t have enough.

"watch it played" on youtube Won the first quest with the Tactis deck.

thank you. I totally got hooked up with this game and i hope it will stay this exiting. I´m looking forward for making my own decks but i need to know what Sphere is good for what :-)
and sleeve all cards ^^ "

Since than i won with the spirit cards the first quest :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to LotR LCG - have a look here for a lot of strategy guides etc.

http://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/new-player-guides/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dickie

Mississippi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Lore's strengths are card draw, healing, and peeking at the encounter deck; also managing the threat level in the staging area.

Lore is weak in military strength and resource generation.

You try to leverage your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.

For strengths, you draw a bunch of cards (two from Beravor, one from Gleowine once he's in play).

You have a bunch of affordable allies, so try to get as many of them out as you can, in order to gang up on enemies.

Use Henamarth Riversong or Denethor to peek at the encounter deck so you'll be able to plan ahead during your planning phase.

Play Radagast's Cunning and Secret Paths to reduce threat in the staging area.

You can help cover up your lack of attack power by playing Forest Snare on big enemies.

Basically, draw a whole bunch of cards and then play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniele,

When you walk to the Tactics sphere, read this thread before: Core Set Tactic Deck VS Pass through the Mirkwood

I lost several times and won only one or two with this configuration. I saw "Watch It Played" too, and thought what I was doing wrong. Then I found this thread, that is very helpful to understand why Tactics with the Passage through the Mirkwood is so difficult.

I have not tried the second quest yet, probably I will do it only after play and win the first one with all spheres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.