Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a 2-player game with the bots operating the AUC and Cartels. The Cartels played this event, which says to "add twice Cartels pieces in Cities to Cartels Resources." This seems to suggest ALL cities.

However, the non-player Cartels sheet says "Select first among Cities with fewest cubes," which seems to suggest to do this in only some limited number of Cities. Can someone clarify?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redman
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general in these COIN games, the event cards overrule any rulebook rules, & the word choice is usually quite deliberate, so I would say, if it says Cities, add up all cartel pieces in cities & take those resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Non-Player sheet says "Select first among Cities with fewest cubes" specific to the Drogas La Rebjea event (and also the Chess Player event).

The problem is that the Non-Player clarification does not say HOW MANY Cities should be selected. Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm with Michael.

You can count the cartels pieces "first in the cities with the fewest cubes", but I do not see that limiting you in any way. Count all the Cartel pieces in any city, double that sum, and add it to the cartel resources.

That is what it means to me.

Randy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to count all City pieces for the money. Then you place 2 Bases: "Then place a Cartels Base in each of 2 Cities." The Non-Player instruction for "Drogas" is telling you how to select which 2 Cities get the Bases.

Hope tht helps! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GS,

Take a look at how The Chess Player (is mentioned in 2 different spots) is described in the flowcharts, and you'll understand the "split personality" of Drogas. (Like you, I also was initially confused by these two Cards until I realized the "split personality" of them.) As Volko noted, you count all Cartel Bases in Cities for Resources, but then place Cartel Bases in 2 Cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, got it. Thanks, all. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.