Popular Tags: [View All]
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what are some of your design goals for the new year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finish blind playtesting my Mongol Empire card game, and start blind playtesting my World War I game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jeffrey
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2014 Design Goals:

1) Add my completed card game to Game Crafter or Print and Play Productions for sale.

2) Finish the 2 player game I'm creating.

3) Create a print and play game.

4) Prototype and play test two other games ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Hommes
Netherlands
Dordrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My design goals for 2014 are to await the results from a contest and have the submitted game get published -- course of action depending on the contest outcome.

Second goal create a second game and self-publish it.

I think that's good enough to start the year with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sorensen
United Kingdom
Millom
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A handful of games I want to get to at least a state where they can be PnP'ed; of course, none of these might actually get done:

A solitaire, card-based space-trader game inspired by the "Elite" series of computer games. I currently have a basic card-based trading system in place although it needs balancing and playtesting, but I also think I might like to add events and encounters as just trading isn't quite exciting enough.

A two-player dice-game based on a pub/darts game. This will be a quickie and just a set of rules, but is also the least interesting.

An asymmetrical two-player game with one player playing the head of a thieves guild, and the other the head of a city watch/police, trying to anticipate and prevent crime/arrest thieves. This one is the one which I think might be the most interesting, but will also be the one which needs the most playtesting.

Finally, a long-time dream: to put my 1994 game "Shootist" ( http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27280/shootist ) in a box, something that's been on hold for not quite 20 years. The biggest challenge here will be artwork, as it's currently just a set of rules for a miniatures game in which the action (usually) takes place in a wild-west town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Close the negotiations on my game Flamme Rouge. 80% there.

Make three ideas into working prototypes, prior to Essen.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playtest my game with other people at least twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiří Petruželka
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Finally make up my mind about the theme and goal of the game and start actually working (ideally bringing it to somewhat playable state)... oh well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Avery
United States
New Boston
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Professionally print and publish no less than 3 more games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nizo
msg tools
mbmb
My goal is to finish at least one of my current projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Lemonnier
France
Clichy
Hauts-de-seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three projects to finish. A race and collect concept, a tactical board game in skirmish mode with or without dice as the player want and a magical duel between wizard but with all new mecanics. I really hope that I will finish it and bring it here to test and discuss about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Mays Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to get my first game and Kickstarter off the ground. Design and play-testing are complete, just need to get the artwork done and launch it. Somewhere during/after that, finish my second game and get it ready for play-testing. Lot of work to do, but I look forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Late last year I made Appalachian Trail for the The Game Crafter micro-game challenge. Unfortunately, I had a lot of ideas for it that wouldn't fit within the limits of the contest.

So my goal for this year is to finish up Appalachian Trail Deluxe (2nd edition?). It is going to add more special characters and play available for up to 5 players.

After that is done I want to finish up work on 1 or 2 other games that got put on hold by pursuing Appalachian Trail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finish debugging my still unnamed game enough that I can release it for public playtest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compter
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop lurking and actually post details on at least one of my many game ideas/prototypes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
After my revolutionary element-based CCG of battling wizards has been picked up by Hasbro and made me rich, I'll spend my days living the glamorous celebrity high life all successful game designers enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vandel Arden
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Finishing Games, thats a basic goal and to participate in the PnP contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1. Make a party game, so that my (extended) family will play something with me when I visit

2. Make a game playable with a standard deck of cards (Rage deck, or Wizard deck would also be ok), for the reason in (1).

3. Make games that enrich relationships. I've played too much Resistance and Diplomacy, which basically tear people apart. Time to spread the love! kisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herr
United States
Palos Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finish the "friends and family" playtests of my WWII strategic naval wargame and (at least) begin blind playtests. That, and finalize the artwork - I can't seem to stop tinkering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My goal for 2014 is to Kickstart and deliver the game of Crossbones before year end.

I know I need all the help I can get and I'm trying to do what I can now to gather interest... because I already know that without a crowd... there is no funding.

Kickstarter 2014 or bust... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
To not come up with any NEW ideas for games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Long
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed all!

I hope my first games Journey of Sheep and Yahtzee, Go Fish! are published.

Best wishes to every designers in 2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
black white wrote:
Thumbed all!

ahem...

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to finish the skeletal structure of two of my co-op design projects, if not the specific cards and effects:

- Dark Reign: a dungeon crawl themed card game for my friends, based loosely on our D&D experiences and campaigns. This game is being built from a focus on mechanics to make a tactical co-op experience, and I'll flesh out the theme later. I have an idea of the sort of interaction, discussion, and tactical decisions I want and once that is all in place, I'll work on developing the background and tying them together but I want to be sure the game underneath is solid.

- Survival Is Not Enough: a co-op "zombie game" about building and maintaining the last outpost of humanity. With this game, I'm starting with the theme and I'm building up from there, adding mechanics to make a thematic "simulation" and hope I end up with decent gameplay in the end. The goal is to create a story out of playing the game that can go in different directions and for the players to identify not only with their characters but with the community they are building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Finish & playtest my pirate card game in this month
2) Complete my superhero board game (30% WIP)
3) Create a turn-based variant for Escape: The Curse of the Temple
4) Retheme Citadels with wild west theme
5) Create a civ + 4x game with medieval theme
6) Trim my zombie PNP game to half or less components so that more people can access it.
7) Create a stand alone expansion "Encounter in Space" for my Gundam wargame
8) Retheme Betrayal at House on the Hill with Mario theme

I know I can't do all of them in 2014 but wish I can meet half of the goals at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.