Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
I started working on a spreadsheet to try to keep track of my solo games. I wanted to see if I could see a trend of improvement possibly. As I put it together, I thought it would be interesting to see not just my play information but the overall community's so thought I might share it so we could all pitch in and benefit from it. This is just something simple that I threw together last night, so I am open to suggestions for improvements.

The form for posting your game play information is here - http://tinyurl.com/LegendaryData. All information is anonymous.

If you want to see the results spreadsheet it is here - http://tinyurl.com/LegendarySolo. I have a last column calculating the final score (based on VP, scheme twists, etc.) but have not figured out yet how to get that to automatically fill in from the form. (Again, open to suggestions.)

Chad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping a track record myself. However, I never wrote down the Scheme Twists occurring, villains escaping etc. Only the VPs. So can't add to your database.

I'll try to keep track of it from now on for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, Lhowser. FYI, I also have a spot for keeping track of how many turns it takes, but left that optional since it is not used for the scoring purposes in the rules.

Is there any other information that might be useful? Or does anyone else have a better tracking method?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteBoy wrote:
Thanks a lot, Lhowser. FYI, I also have a spot for keeping track of how many turns it takes, but left that optional since it is not used for the scoring purposes in the rules.

Yeah, I never kept track of the turns, either. Nor the recruited cards, like some people post. I was only concerned whether or not I won, and beat my other scores and with whom.

Quote:
Is there any other information that might be useful?

Probably Villain Groups and/or Henchman. As solo play rules state to ignore whom the MM always leads, that might be something to track. Also might make it a whole lot larger, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
Good ideas. I have added a new "optional information" section that allows for adding which villain and henchmen groups you used as well as the number of turns. I don't think I want to get into the detail of which individual cards were recruited. If we were play-testing it I could see it, but not really for these purposes.

I added turns because that is something that the League is tracking in Season 2 and I thought it was a good idea.

I was trying to think... are there any schemes that have you choose more than one villain or henchmen group? I could not think of any right off, but I may need to allow for choosing multiple ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, WB!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.