Subject: Best Co-op Dungeon Crawl rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a cooperative dungeons crawl to play with my older children (ages 8, 9, and 11). My wife may or may not join in.

We picked up the LOTR card game this Christmas. While I certainly enjoy it, it's a bit too much for all but my 11-year-old and me.

So now I'm eyeing the Pathfinder card game and Mice and Mystics. Thoughts? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Pierotte
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of the Dungeon & Dragons Adventure Games:

Castle Ravenloft
Wrath of Ashardalon
Legend of Drizzt\

Kind of light on artwork and graphics, but cool minis and easy play. Lots of scenarios for each one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thanks. I should have added that I've pretty much worked my way through Ravenloft. We liked it (and I'm especially biased toward D&D), but we weren't completely thrilled. Can't really put my finger on why. Seemed to have everything we're looking for - but came across a bit flat.

I was wondering if anything better had come along since then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics for that age group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like Mice and Mystics. It isn't very hard to learn and you don't need someone to be the bad guy like descent or some of the others. It's only 4 players however, but you may be able to modify it to add another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
Look at me!
badge
Get Schwifty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics is supposed to be a simpler version of the D&D games, so you might want to do some research on it first to see if it would go over well.

Maybe Legends of Andor? Might be a bit too advanced for your younger children, but I'll let you decide that for yourself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gears of War: The Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG are working on a co-op variant for Descent (BBG Thread), although that won't be until later in 2014.

Also out in 2014 is Myth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X wrote:
Thanks. I should have added that I've pretty much worked my way through Ravenloft. We liked it (and I'm especially biased toward D&D), but we weren't completely thrilled. Can't really put my finger on why. Seemed to have everything we're looking for - but came across a bit flat.

Maybe the lack of character advancement (there isn't really that much of it).

Quote:
I was wondering if anything better had come along since then.

The best one in this category has been OOP for many years already.

Warhammer Quest

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Day
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When my kid and his friends were 8 & 9 I don't think they could do Mice & mystics, or legends of Andor as those games seem to have lots of details to pay attention to for the story line.

I could let them loose on their own playing the classic "Dungeon". That game is dirt cheap as well, and super simple.

the D&D adventure games are also very easy, and heck the kids often make up their own ways to play that game.

altho not really a dungeon crawl, the kids love and continue to play castle panic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Hilmarsson Haj
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and the kids (9yr and 12 yr) like Super Dungeon Explore. My husband plays as the evil dungeon master. We also enjoyed Mice and Mystics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thanks to all. A lot of really good recommendations here. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.