Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Errtu tactic clarification needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If Errtu adjacent to a Hero, he attacks each adjacent Hero with a lightning sword and then moves 1 tile in any direction.

That "move 1 tile in any direction" is referring to the hero or Errtu.

If it is referring to the hero, what if the hero has been Immobilized? Does he/she requires to move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Errtu moves one tile, not the hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What if the Whip attack missed, do I still need to move a hero to his adjacent square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
What if the Whip attack missed, do I still need to move a hero to his adjacent square?

The game has effects which trigger on missed attack rolls. These effects are indicated by a 'Miss' addition in the damage box (e.g. Errtu's sword attack). Since this is not the case here, you do not need to move the attacked hero adjacent to the balor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
birdkingz wrote:

The game has effects which trigger on missed attack rolls. These effects are indicated by a 'Miss' addition in the damage box (e.g. Errtu's sword attack). Since this is not the case here, you do not need to move the attacked hero adjacent to the balor.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
Errtu moves one tile, not the hero.

After second thought, this just feels weird. Assuming Errtu is same tile as one of my Hero, so everytime after it attack with its lightning sword, it get to move 1 tile in any direction. Meaning I can actually move it backward to benefit me. It just sounds weird why a Monster would like to retreat.

If the Hero is the one that move 1 tile, then at least I can say the Hero being knockback. Just like Troll attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that his movement can often be beneficial to the players. Regarding the theme, his ability is based on a novel in the Legend of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore (I think it was 'Siege of Darkness'). Errtu frequently teleports, which makes it difficult for the heroes to focus on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
I agree that his movement can often be beneficial to the players. Regarding the theme, his ability is based on a novel in the Legend of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore (I think it was 'Siege of Darkness'). Errtu frequently teleports, which makes it difficult for the heroes to focus on him.

I see, then it make more sense now.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.