Popular Tags: [View All]
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I am going to be running this at this years Kublacon in May. If anyone is going to be there and wants to join in let me know and I will try and save you a spot. Right now I am thinking about 3 two hour sessions. Other than the base game what would everyone suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, it is likely that only the base game will be available in stores at that time. Of course, kickstarter backers and pre-orders will have more of the game available.

My experience in introducing the game to new players is that the most complex faction to learn is Opener of the Way, with Yellow Sign a close second. But then, you may not be playing with newbies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sandy,

Does that mean you have a definitive production schedule? Are you sure CW is going to be available by May? 'cause that would be awesome :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arpst0rm wrote:
Hey guys,

I am going to be running this at this years Kublacon in May. If anyone is going to be there and wants to join in let me know and I will try and save you a spot. Right now I am thinking about 3 two hour sessions. Other than the base game what would everyone suggest?

I'd love to come (I live in Oakland), but my schedule is too much up in the air, so don't worry about saving me a spot. If I make it, and the game is full, I'll have fun just watching a session. Don't mind me drooling in the corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chinese factory glibbers and meeps about March as a ship-date, with April as a fall-back plan. Either way if they speak the truth (who knows?) it ought to be out by KublaCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
The Chinese factory glibbers and meeps about March as a ship-date, with April as a fall-back plan. Either way if they speak the truth (who knows?) it ought to be out by KublaCon.

Alright, that's good enough for me :-)
Might not be a bad idea to post this on the KS though, there are some people there not following BGG asking about this.
Anyway, thanks for the input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah expecting all players will be new so the easiest factions to show the game off are what I want to use! Hopefully we get it early enough in April for me to get in a few games before the con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.