Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few game effects that allow for cards to gain the assassinate ability, like vampire and Sebastian Moran. When this is done, is that considered a one use action?

I should admit the game is still on its way to me - so the answer may be obvious when looking at the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien A
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've only played once, but as far as I could see, assassination and hiding are not one-time use actions.

However, remember that if royalty is the target and that you draw a 'Mad' counter, the agent that was used for the attempt is removed from play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Broz
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you should regard theese situation as if someone has written following on the card of that agent :

Action : Assassinate agent (in case of S. Moran)

or

Action : Assassinate agent or royalty (vampires)

Note that this only applies to your non-main agents, as you main agent
himself is never, as stated by Martin, able to carry out assassinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
coriolis wrote:

I've only played once, but as far as I could see, assassination and hiding are not one-time use actions.

However, remember that if royalty is the target and that you draw a 'Mad' counter, the agent that was used for the attempt is removed from play.

Unless I'm missing something, hiding royalty is always a one use action. There are three "hide royalty" cards, and they're all clearly labeled "one use". There is no other way to hide royalty.

And in the interest of pedantry, Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty, and vampires aren't removed from play if you draw a mad token after using their cards to conduct an assassination of royalty.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomChick wrote:
And in the interest of pedantry, Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty, and vampires aren't removed from play if you draw a mad token after using their cards to conduct an assassination of royalty.

Where are you getting that Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty aren't removed from play if you draw a Mad counter? As far as I could tell from the rulebook the only difference between them and any other agents was that they couldn't be stolen from a player with their favored loyalty using their Double Agent counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
ldd23 wrote:
TomChick wrote:

Where are you getting that Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty aren't removed from play if you draw a Mad counter? As far as I could tell from the rulebook the only difference between them and any other agents was that they couldn't be stolen from a player with their favored loyalty using their Double Agent counter.

The rules.

The Rulebook, page 10 wrote:

Note: Sherlock Holmes, Professor Moriarty and vampire agents cannot be lost due to a 'Mad' Sanity counter, but you do retain the Sanity counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
ldd23 wrote:

McJarvis has it. It's easy to miss, isn't it? But what a doozy of a rule! I almost wish it was baked onto their tiles somehow, like their exceptions on the double agent tiles.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.