Subject: Missing rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I was taken aback that the rules for placing pontoon bridges and blowing up a bridge were not in the WW rules. In the Special Rules for scenarios #2 and #6 they merely say see the appropriate terrain or action card. It galls me that Days of Wonder assumes everyone also owns either the Air Pack where these cards are found or the Terrain Pack where the full rules for these two items reside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Michael Ward wrote:
I was taken aback that the rules for placing pontoon bridges and blowing up a bridge were not in the WW rules. In the Special Rules for scenarios #2 and #6 they merely say see the appropriate terrain or action card. It galls me that Days of Wonder assumes everyone also owns either the Air Pack where these cards are found or the Terrain Pack where the full rules for these two items reside.

They are on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This may help:

Days of Wonder Cards Compendium - Bridges Card and FAQ

and:

Days of Wonder Cards Compendium - Pontoon Bridges Card and FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's too bad they don't sell a big deck of all the various cards. My solution was to use Vassal to capture and then print them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I appreciate the helpfulness, but it was unnecessary. My fault, I should have elaborated.

I found the rules I needed before I played the scenarios, but only because I carefully read them over beforehand. I obtained one from my Terrain Pack and the other from the DoW/M'44 website.

My point was they should have been in the Winter Wars expansion rules if they are required to play its scenarios. That's the way DoW has done all their other expansions, or at least the ones I own (Eastern Front, Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Mediterranean Theater, etc.) Any deviation from this is usually noted with the appropriate expansion's icon or something like "Terrain Pack required" if extra tiles, etc. are required.

I often game at a local Comic Book Store, and I only take the bits of M'44 I need to play particular scenarios. In this case: base set, winter board, and Winter Wars. So if I'd waited until I got there to look over the scenarios I was going to play from WW I would have been up the creek without a paddle.

Anyway, I just thought it weird that DoW dropped the ball on these two rules in this expansion when all the other expansions have been perfect (to the best of my memory). And doubly strange no one here had mentioned these omissions in the three years the WW expansion has been out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.