Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have this game yet. I just watched the Tom Vasel video about it, and he laments that it only plays 4 ... what if you had two copies? Would it be adaptable to play with more (even up to 8), then? The game comes with 4 tiles for grabbing when done rolling dice, but why not have the first 2 get good tiles, then the next two not so good, etc., and the last two players get the dirt? Wouldn't this work with more players this way, or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, if you had 2 copies you would have more fun running 2 games of 4 than one game of 8. First off the people at the center will have a distinct advantage grabbing tiles when done rolling. Secondly while the actual die rolling phase goes very fast, the actual action and planning stages go more slowly and anything more than 4 and the game would probably tend to drag.

That being said the game is an absolute BLAST to play. I just brought my new copy to my local game shop today and played a 2 and 4 player game and both were equally fun featured very different strategies and all were pretty much decided within a few points so it seems very well balanced.

Pick this one up for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
You would also have to make special rules for more than four otherwise it would be easier (and maybe over powered, who knows until you try) to complete some of the reward cards.

Ie. you would have double of each colour of ride to complete the red ride bonus cards.

You would have double the medium rides to score the medium ride bonus card

etc

etc

You could also get more types of one stand with double the available number, which could overpower some of those special abilities.

It might work, but you would have to play and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on having 2 separate games. The downtime is already noticeable with 4 players waiting for 3 other players to choose 6 actions each. Any more would probably be too much downtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.