Rymson Balentien
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
I'm telling you, these dice aren't statistically sound...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

I'm an aspiring wargamer (C&C:A is the only game in my collection) and I've been looking a lot at Red Winter: The Soviet Attack at Tolvajärvi, Finland: 8-12 December 1939. By now I've read all the rules and even read the designer diaries. The only thing though is that it'll probably be a while before I'll be able to actually play the game.

So I was wondering if anyone would be up to play a game with me over VASSAL and Skype. If I have the time I'll try to do the tutorial scenario as well but if not maybe we could do a tutorial scenario and another short scenario at that. Otherwise two short scenario's seem like fun. Remember though that I've never played a wargame before with counters and whatnot, though the rules seemed fairly simple. I know nothing about tactics though.

I live in the Netherlands which means GMT+1, so if an American would like to play you'd have to keep in mind that I'm available starting 8:00 pm my time which equals to 11 am PST / 1 pm CST / 2 pm EST.

I'd like to set up a game for tomorrow (Monday 1/6/2014) but if not we can see what other date also works out I've also posted this in the general wargames forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, did you ever find anyone to play? I'm currently in the same situation you found yourself in a few weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rymson Balentien
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never did no! In the meantime I've read rules for a bunch of wargames but not a single play of any yet If you're up for a vassal game just let me know! Just need to keep in mind the timezone difference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This might work!

I live in the eastern US and my best gaming time is weekday mornings till early afternoon. I also own RW and would love to try it out again on Vassal. In addition, there are many other excellent games we could play and I'd be willing to teach. Let me know if you're still looking.

Edit: Errgggg. I misread your timezone comparison. I'm usually at work by 2PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rymson Balentien
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess we'll have to do a late night session on my side then If not I'm just going to buy this game and stare at it, that might scratch my itch for the time being..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in a VASSAL/PBeM game?

I just picked this up in a trade and would like to give it a try.

Thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rym_ wrote:
Hey all!

I'm an aspiring wargamer (C&C:A is the only game in my collection) and I've been looking a lot at Red Winter: The Soviet Attack at Tolvajärvi, Finland: 8-12 December 1939. By now I've read all the rules and even read the designer diaries. The only thing though is that it'll probably be a while before I'll be able to actually play the game.

So I was wondering if anyone would be up to play a game with me over VASSAL and Skype. If I have the time I'll try to do the tutorial scenario as well but if not maybe we could do a tutorial scenario and another short scenario at that. Otherwise two short scenario's seem like fun. Remember though that I've never played a wargame before with counters and whatnot, though the rules seemed fairly simple. I know nothing about tactics though.

I live in the Netherlands which means GMT+1, so if an American would like to play you'd have to keep in mind that I'm available starting 8:00 pm my time which equals to 11 am PST / 1 pm CST / 2 pm EST.

I'd like to set up a game for tomorrow (Monday 1/6/2014) but if not we can see what other date also works out I've also posted this in the general wargames forum.

Did you ever find someone? I just bought this game, and am interested in trying on VASSAL, although I'm in the process of moving so it would probably have to be postponed a few weeks (and then maybe you have other things to do during the summer holiday). Anyway, I'm in the same time zone as you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.