Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying out Operation Compass as a tutorial session, and am in the New Turn Housekeeping phase at the start of Game Turn Two. During the card draw phase, the Axis draws this card which is played immediately.

In this case, which Game Turn's event would meet the definition of the "Allied Turn Event"? Should it be "Ethiopia Campaign", "Strategic Reserves" or "Greece Campaign"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the issue here since in the sample picture of one of the turn boxes it doesn't label anything as being "Allied turn event".

Though just to point out that this card has the Malta symbol in the top right of the axis event, meaning that the event text can not take place unit turn 4 when Malta is introduced. So the card would be played with no effect since it is only turn 2. (apart from reducing your hand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reminding me about the Malta symbol which I totally missed, and for raising another question that I had wanted to follow up with. Total noob here who is getting his feet wet into the No Retreat series.

Aside, the card "Ultra Intelligence" has two Malta symbols and I'm not sure what that means.

Edit: Think I got it. The Ultra Intelligence card counts as two cards if it's in hand during the resolution of the Malta invasion, so the two symbols are probably intended to mean that "both" cards have a Malta symbol. I could be wrong though gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep when resolving the invasion of Malta it counts as 2 Malta cards played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.