Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are players permitted to make notes regarding what combat cards have been used by their opponent? Since the rules specifically state no player is allowed to view the discard pile this seems to go against the spirit of the rules - however it is something I would like to know and keep track of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Are players permitted to make notes regarding what combat cards have been used by their opponent? Since the rules specifically state no player is allowed to view the disgaurd pile this seems to go against the spirit of the rules - however it is something I would like to know and keep track of.

I assume that the "not allowed to view" rule is there to prevent disturbing the other player by regularly touching/moving his cards.
To keep the spirit of (my interpretation of) the rule you can just ask the other player if he is OK with this. In tournaments you should additionally ask the referee.

Edit: I could not find the rule you are referring to, only:
"All of a player’s played Action cards must be stacked together face-up, so that only the last card played is visible."
I would say this is to avoid confusion about what the current action card is, e.g. if you place them next to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the original Dungeon Twister game rules:
Quote:
All used Combat cards are removed from the game. Gather them in a single face-down pile. Players are not allowed to look at these cards.
(The jump cards go there too)

You're also not allowed to look at the Action cards and the tokens you placed at the beginning of the game:

Quote:
It is strictly forbidden to look at any token that has already been placed in a room (even your own!).
Quote:
All of a player’s Action cards must be stacked together face-up, so that only the last card played is visible.

You are not allowed to take notes when playing in a tournament and I would suggest you play it the same way at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.