Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
C2 +
+ |+
C1|Z1

+ --- room
|---- wall

looking at about example, C1 and C2 belong to the same active group, after moving, they split out.

Z1 is in the trigger zone of C1, Z1 can't move towards C1 as there is a wall.

IF without C2 in the pictures, Z1 will not move up,up as it will leave the trigger zone of C1.

Now if C2 is in the pictures, will Z1 move up, up and get close to C2?

need more example in the FAQ for zombie reaction movement. =(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I needed to draw it in order to understand your question
Actually, the answer is very simple:

You have to resolve the situation survivor per survivor, or better said...trigger zone per trigger zone.

Let's start with Survivor 1.
Zombie 1 is not able to reach survivor 1, as he is blocked by walls and as a result the zombie can't reach him.

The zombie is not inside the trigger zone of survivor 2, so the zombie will not get triggered by Survivor 2's current position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

I needed to draw it in order to understand your question ;)

You have to resolve the situation survivor per survivor, or better said...trigger zone per trigger zone.

Zombie 1 is not able to reach survivor 1, as he is blocked by walls and as a result the zombie can't reach him.

The zombie is not inside the trigger zone of survivor 2, so the zombie will not get triggered by Survivor 2's current position.

This is true even though they're in the same group?
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

even if they belong to the same current active group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact they both are part of the trigger zone is the reason two trigger zones are active, and not one.
But to make resolvement easy, you must resolve them as two trigger zones, and not one merging trigger zone.
Otherwise you will generate alot of confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
Germany
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

C2 +
+ |+
C1|Z1

+ --- room
|---- wall

Hmmmm, but in this situation the Zombies Z1 can reach Survivor C1. They have to move: up, up, left,down, down .. so 5 spaces away.

Shouldn't be it like this:

1. Z1 moves up, up (handling trigger zone of C1)

2. Now handling trigger zone of C2:
Because Z1 was not in the trigger zone of C2 at the ending of the survivor activation (or at the begiining of the zombie/creature activation), Z1 won't move again.

Or do I miss something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vampb wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

C2 +

+ |+
C1|Z1

+ --- room
|---- wall

Hmmmm, but in this situation the Zombies Z1 can reach Survivor C1. They have to move: up, up, left,down, down .. so 5 spaces away.

Because Z1 was not in the trigger zone of C2 at the ending of the survivor activation (or at the begiining of the zombie/creature activation), Z1 won't move again.

Or do I miss something ?

Z1 can not reach C1 without moving out of the trigger zone of C1. Therefore, it won't move. It will never move out of the trigger zone - stated in the rules as "never away from it."

The problem is the dual nature of distance which has been clarified by David. The zombies will move closer if they can (number of spaces to reach survivors on an open path). They will not move if it takes them further away (out of the trigger zone). Distance can be measured in two ways, and each plays a part in zombie movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
Germany
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
vampb wrote:
ausloosd wrote:

C2 +

+ |+
C1|Z1

+ --- room
|---- wall

Or do I miss something ?

Z1 can not reach C1 without moving out of the trigger zone of C1. Therefore, it won't move. It will never move out of the trigger zone - stated in the rules as "never away from it."

The problem is the dual nature of distance which has been clarified by David. The zombies will move closer if they can (number of spaces to reach survivors on an open path). They will not move if it takes them further away (out of the trigger zone). Distance can be measured in two ways, and each plays a part in zombie movement.

This is the best explanation I have ever read about moving the zombies! Thank you very much! Now (I hope :-)) I finaly do understand this rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.