RCH RCH
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Class of 2004
badge
It's not Jackie Chan!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a new Geeklist up for voting on our most desired reprint.
20 Most Desired Reprints of 2014 -- VOTING IS OPEN (150+ votes so far)

Colosseum is currently in 9th place. I nominated it not because I need a copy (my copy is NEVER leaving my collection), but because I have always wanted DoW to produce an expansion for the game. I know that will never happen unless the base game is actually available.
So go over to the list and vote for Colosseum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion would be nice. Plus I've introduced the game to several people and afterwards they wonder why it is OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
DoW has legal rights to the title. The designer has rights to the rules. This game will never be published again with this title unless those two sides are in agreement. I suppose an appeal might make the two sides want to reconcile. But DoW isn't ignoring its customers. They no longer have the right to publish this game as we know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RCH RCH
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Class of 2004
badge
It's not Jackie Chan!
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
DoW has legal rights to the title. The designer has rights to the rules. This game will never be published again with this title unless those two sides are in agreement. I suppose an appeal might make the two sides want to reconcile. But DoW isn't ignoring its customers. They no longer have the right to publish this game as we know it.

I've heard that mentioned before, but figure that, if there is enough interest, something could get done.

Out of curiosity, why would be a big issue for the two side to come to an agreement? Is there now some sort of bad blood between the designer and DoW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose we should ask someone like Eric Nartin who writes the BGG News pages. He might know or perhaps be able to find out what the issue us between the two sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea it really is a shame that this game is out of print. I hope that the designer and publisher can iron something out. There seems to be a really high demand for this title at the moment. Also, I'd hate to see it come back into print with another company or a different theme. Part of the appeal is the gorgeous production that DoW did with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.