The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ambushes and Path Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Gloceri
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
While playing Tow Towers, 2 things happenned during the game for which I am seeking clarification:

Thing 1 - I cannot recall the card, but it was a card that was required to be placed in the path. Thus the path of 5 cards became a path of 6 cards. The need for clarification is, does the path stay at 6 for the rest of the game or go back to 5 at some point? If back to 5, what triggers this?

Thing 2 - When replacing purchased cards from the path in the previous turn, in this case 2, 2 cards were from the main deck drawn and placed on the path. Both cards were cards with ambushes on them. Does the subsequent player have to endure both ambushes? If not, how does one determine the ambush to follow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Thing 1: We play that cards in the path are not renewed until it goes down to 4, then 1 card is added.

Thing 2: Yes, you play both ambushes on the next player. We turn over cards one at a time, so we don't know what's coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We play as above - not refilling till down to 4 or less cards.

2. I don't have the rules in front of me, however I believe they state that the player gets to choose the order in which multiple ambushes are resolved (must be after any group ambushes though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gloceri
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Still not sure about the path card number. The card I had said to add to path, so would the path have 6 cards for rest of the game or 5? Or, to use your rule, when path got down to 4 would you add 1 card or 2? We interpreted this as a way for the game to "progress" by having more cards on the path for the rest of the game.

Thanks for your answers. You are right about the rules...saw that after I posted my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the path gets added to because of a Wall card effect, that card is part of the path but doesn't count towards determining when to refill the path... It's an extra path option, but there are still only five path cards that get replaced...

That is, if that extra card gets bought, it doesn't get replaced... But if a 'regular' path card gets bought, it does get replaced...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The Path doesn't stay at 6 for the rest of the game.

It doesn't refill until there are fewer than 5 cards in it.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Gloceri
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thanks to E.M. and Matt for clearing up the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EM is incorrect, for clarification (and as matt said) if the path becomes bigger than 5 it only refills when it gets to 4 or less (regardless of which card is bought). It is not at 6 for the rest of the game, no card or effect does this (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.