The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dol Guldur Objectives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Larsen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does the threat level on the encounter cards that gets attached to the 3 objectives contribute its threat to the play area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From "Guarded" on p. 24 of the rules:

"Enemy and location cards attached to guarded
objectives do still count their threat while the enemy
or location is in the staging area."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Larsen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks for clarifying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes this Quest brutal, especially solo. Before you take your first turn, you're down a hero and could possibly have three encounter cards in the staging area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and on that note...if the engagement value of one of those cards is equal to or greater than your threat, does that encounter card now 'leave' the objective and go down to engage you in combat?

Basically...I just have been treating them like they are cards in the staging area and all normal rules apply to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the section on the Guarded keyword on p. 24 of the rules. If an enemy is attached to an objective, you have to defeat the enemy first. If it's a location, you have to explore the location first. Treachery cards are resolved, and the objective becomes unguarded immediately after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I get that...but the enemy would engage with you if it suppose to right? It does not just sit there attached, it comes down to attack right? should a player bring the objective down with it, therefore when you do defeat the enemy you put the objective back up into the staging area?
Thanks for the response, but my question was about where does an enemy go that is attached to an objective with an engagement value triggering it to attack you....?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Everything with the enemy or location that is guarding an objective happens normally. The enemy engages you like normal. The location has to be explored like normal.

And once you've dealt with the encounter card like you normally would, the objective card is now considered unguarded and can be claimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great, thanks. I have been doing it right. Like I said, I bring the objective down with the enemy when it attacks via engagement cost to remind myself which enemy needs to die to free it. (same goes for a travel, I put the objective in the active location and return to staging once traveled)

basically...treat guards like normal cards in the staging area, just keep track of which guard is protecting what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.