Alex Gagnon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Graphic Designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure i understand and master the game rules as I played it many times in real life with my girlfriend but yesterday I started a game on Yucata and at one occasion the game didn't let me reinforce a siege I started using a card with a ship symbol on the ribbon.

Of course the siege was on a town with a ship symbol beside it. I used many cards to reinforce that siege on previous turn, including cards with ship symbol but at one occasion the game didn't let me do it so I had to choose another action and not reinforce the siege this turn. I choose to discard a card and draw new ones. Fortunately I drawn a regular infantry card and I've been able to reinforce (and win) the siege on later turn.

But why? Why the game didn't let me use a ship symbol to reinforce a siege (on Port Royal)? I don't get it.

Is this a bug in the software on Yucata? Or a thing in the rules i didn't get? In which occasion (if there is)could it be impossible to reinforce a siege using a ship symbol? Is it because the siege tracker was in a "neutral zone"? Is there any maximum ship symbol you can use to reinforce a siege? Or is it for whatever other reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Meucci
Italy
Guasticce
Livorno
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two possible reasons:
- The location showed on the card was under siege
- The location showed on the card was not in supply.
In these cases the cards have a simbol in the corner (a white/red cross, if I recall correctly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Kikki wrote:
There are two possible reasons:
- The location showed on the card was under siege
- The location showed on the card was not in supply.
In these cases the cards have a simbol in the corner (a white/red cross, if I recall correctly).

Right. Or, you simply don't control the location any more (have a piece there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gagnon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Graphic Designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your prompt reply.

You're right, on Yucata, a unusable card has a red cross symbol on the top left corner and you simply can't select the card. It was not the case this time, I was able to select the card but not assign it to reinforce the siege. Weird!

Probably if I had closed and reopen the game window I would have been able to play the card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a link to the game?

If you don't have it, you might be able to find it at the bottom of the Overview page. Seeing the game state and knowing in which turn it happened might help us find out (or write a bug report for yucata).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.